Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

which season is best

snow is the way to go ,and bring it on early,like october 1 of each year,about 3 feet would be nice.:D

I presume Colorado?

Been my experience that its a crap shoot to hope for snow. I take my chances and go early, at least the elk are still dumb. Also hunt the end of the season if you can compared to the first few days, way fewer people.

Good luck

It depends on the unit, also. A unit that I used to hunt is largely void of elk in the later seasons because they all bail onto private land. Snow is usually good for elk hunting, but definitely makes the hunting a bit more uncomfortable.

A lot of people think they want to hunt in the snow until about the 3rd day of falling down and falling down in some Aspen forest.

A lot of people think they want to hunt in the snow until about the 3rd day of falling down and falling down in some Aspen forest.
+1. I know snow can make hunting better, but in steep country I don't like it near as much as drier conditions.

I might be a world champ faller downer. While helping to pack a mtn goat out I had to have fallen 50+ times. It do get old...

I'm hunting 4th rifle so there's my answer. I want them to be a little lower cause half the GMU is 12,000ft+

My kid will hunt the December season

+1. I know snow can make hunting better, but in steep country I don't like it near as much as drier conditions.

I might be a world champ faller downer. While helping to pack a mtn goat out I had to have fallen 50+ times. It do get old...

There is a a much better opportunity to break your leg in the later seasons. Trust me on this :( I know of what I speak.

Back