Best gravy?

It’s either sausage gravy or a white gravy on chicken fried steak. There aren’t other options

I’m gonna have to go with pork sausage as the best meat for making gravy.

And while we are at it, only white gravy is gravy. Otherwise it’s just thick broth.

High fat content pork sausage works best for milk gravy. My favorite to use is the pork sausage at aldis.

In the same way I feel about chicken fried steaks and children, all gravys are intrinsically beautiful. I am partial to sausage gravy though.

It can be fancy:

View attachment 313638

It can be cheap:

View attachment 313637

It's utility is endless. When hot, it's good on everything. When cold and congealed, it might even be better on everything.

You can put it on day old frozen pizza with an egg:

View attachment 313639

You can dip your grilled cheese in it:

View attachment 313640

You can get it in a bowl on the side to wash down the main course:

View attachment 313641

It really is a building block of life. We now know, thanks to modern science, that the primordial soup in which the prebiotic conditions for earth's first microbes to grow 3.7 billion years ago was actually nothing but a peppered roux with milk and chunks of pork sausage in it.

Some cheesy bastard engaged in unwanted guitar playing around a fire might tell you we are nothing but stardust, but that's false. Really, we are nothing but gravy.
Nameless, PM please. Best chicken fried steak in Montana. In your opinion. mtmuley

I don't know what I expected to see when I started this thread, but a tin can is something else. Kinda reminds me of the difference between the area of a circle and cornbread.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back