PEAX Equipment

What's the #1 animal on your list

csutton7

If you were headed to the Dark Country what would be the animal that would be # 1 on your list to get??

for me it's Mr. MBOGO followed closely by a big maned lion--chris

Well for my first trip in September... Kudu and bushbuck will be top priority. Then for the second trip some time in the future, will be mr. mbobgo, and a jumbo... :)

Def. a big ol stinky buff...then a leopard, followed by a whole host of plains game...2008 with my fingers and toes crossed :)

If money wasnt an object then Bongo and Sable. But since I'm on a budget I'll have to take the Kudu, Gemsbok then bushbuck. May can't get here soon enough!

Bambi
We are going to northern South Africa. Going to hunt 7-8 plains game critters or however many 8 days of hunting will allow, then fly back to Cape Town for 3 days and spend some time on the beach and doing some site seeing for the wife:). When are you going? You hunting plains game to?

Plains game as well, we're going the first two weeks of Sept. We'll also be hunting northern RAS, along the Limpopo river, about 45min from Maseina. We're hunting for 9 days and then will tour Kruger for 3 days on the way back to J'berg. Not sure how many animals will bite it, but I want to concentrate on a good Kudu, bushbuck, and gemsbuck. Then try and fill in with an impala(s), blessbuck and warthog with the bow and maybe something else who knows what will show up... I set an animal "budget" but plan on taking a little extra cash to fill in if need be. That is the one thing that really intrests me with Africa. Ya never know what you'll run into. Should be a fun trip. My wife is coming as well, but will most likely only hunt one or two animals if any. I got some 300gr noslers loaded for the 375, and some 160XLC's loaded for the wife to use in my 280. :D

Bambi
Sounds like a great trip, should be a lot of fun. I have the "budget" plan also but the more I look at the critters available the more the "budget" thing goes out the window. I figure the next trip back will be for Cape Buffalo or something a bit more exotic so I better do the plains hunt up right the first time. Will be toting the 30-06 as well as the Omega to make a few of the hunts a bit more interesting. Might have to get me one of them 375s for the next trip though. Hope you have a great time.

I've never had a desire to go, but think cape buffalo would be a neat animal to get. I know a lot of people that have went to Africa, some nearly had to take out 2nd mortgages to pay for all the animals coming back. I've been told it can be difficult to overcome the sense of artificial with it, ie. buying animals from a large Texas game farm. Regardless, probably fun, and probably depends on where you go. One thing I've noticed is that most everybody that I know who's went, came back with way more than they expected, and spent way more. Like turning a woman loose in a shopping mall.

DK, are you going to have any problems getting black powder in RSA? I would assume probably not, but with all the new gun laws there and what not...

SNR... people here plan hunts for PIGS!!! I think zebras look cool as chit as a flat skin. From what I understand they are rather dificult to hunt too.

Bambi
My PH is taking care of the powder for me. Does take special requirements getting it over there which I didn't want to deal with. I WILL SHOOT A ZEBRA! That is one near the top of the list, forgot about that. From what I understand they are quite challenging where I am hunting, not like the ones you see standing around on National Geographic. They make an awesome pedastal mount.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back