What’s a good 2-5 point Wyoming Elk unit for bow or rifle?

General tag takes 3 points in the regular draw, 2-5 points isn’t going to get you much else in Wyoming. I was in the same boat this year and decided to just put in for the general tag, our group averaged 3.25 points; we wanted to hunting rather than wait 2 or three more years.

Not a ton of great units between general units and I'd say 10 points....unless you have some private access or local knowledge. At least that was what I found looking into it a few years ago. I drew a pretty decent unit with six points and special tag but that was 3 years ago and my chances of drawing weren't great if I remember correctly. In 2-5 range I'd be looking at general tags and try to find a unit that you could learn and hunt every 3/4 years.

The beauty of Wyoming is general tags are not bad and you can hunt both archery and rifle on the same tag for most areas.

General is the way I'm going next year if point creep doesn't get me. But I fear this was the last year where three points guaranteed you a general tag.

If everyone answered these questions every time they are posted, they would be shooting themselves in the foot in the preference point long run.

Back