Caribou Gear

What went wrong

old man

Just spent an hour writing a post and when i went to get a picture thred and came back tittle was there but not the post even thou i know it was saved.

If you posted it to the forum or it would be there. You may have closed a folder or deleted what you wrote, not knowing you did it.

all i did was go to flicker to copy the link. when i came back the title was still there but not the story.be for i left the screen said auto saved. believe it should be here somewhere just want to know where to look. Aint got time to wright again.

Last edited:
Cool pictures, like the elk tracks leading to the hero pic.
Along the same line , sometimes when I reply to a thread and go to post the reply ,the reply disappears and the screen says I am not logged in. Must be some I'm doing something wrong.

Congrats! Way to get it done old man. Love the hero shot in the snow!

Very cool pics, and cool area. I've been thinking about putting in for an elk or deer tag there. Tough to draw, even for a resident.

Sorry you lost the write up. Next time you may try typing it in a Word file and then copy and paste.

I bet that is some tender eating...

Sorry you lost the write up. Next time you may try typing it in a Word file and then copy and paste....

this or any equivalent variation is a best practice. Many ways to write in another program and then save to ensure you do not lose the writeup as you flesh it out, edit, etc.

another solid approach is to write a smaller chunk and post. then write another chunk and post as you havectime. a lot less work to do small bits and anyway it can be hard for folks to read a looong story in a single post anyway.

You are a busy guy if just one hour to summarize a hunt is make or break and losing that hour of effort kills the attempt to share the story. We are missing out.

this or any equivalent variation is a best practice. Many ways to write in another program and then save to ensure you do not lose the writeup as you flesh it out, edit, etc.

another solid approach is to write a smaller chunk and post. then write another chunk and post as you havectime. a lot less work to do small bits and anyway it can be hard for folks to read a looong story in a single post anyway.

You are a busy guy if just one hour to summarize a hunt is make or break and losing that hour of effort kills the attempt to share the story. We are missing out.

Yes i am a very busy man because no matter what i do it never comes out right and has to be done over and over but also get aggravated very fast. but i hear you. I will tell it again later. in the mean time here are the pics that i misplaced. https://flic.kr/s/aHskNt9xFf

Did your window time out and the website log you off? If you log in and click back you may get your story back. if you have a long post I recommend writing it in word, and then pasting it into the website. that way you won't lose it. Congrats on the elk!

Back