Yeti GOBOX Collection

What to do in Montana?

Pick Huckleberries? Should be a bunch ripe this time of year. You could fish but I'm sure you can do all that in Colorado without paying for a N.R. License. Glacier National Park is not far away and worth the drive.

Take a drive up the North Fork to Polebridge and check out the west side of Glacier National Park. Then come back down Camas Creek to Lake McDonald in the evening. The Polebridge store has draft beer, baked goods, and fresh food. Be sure to fill up with gas in Columbia Falls or Kalispell. As Gerald mentioned huckleberries are ripe and plentiful. Fishing up here is not that great, or I'm a poor fisherman.

Polebridge is cool, but get there early because the freshly baked pastries sell out quick! Make time to eat pizza and beer at Mooses saloon in Kalispell,too.

Hit pole bridge for sure population 7 people and 3 dogs!

This time of year, the population grows ten fold, mostly with chicks who don't shave their legs, guys with man buns, and a varying array of lab mixes.

Glacier Park of course. National Bison Range just west of St. Ignatius is a pretty 22 mile drive through the range. Lots of bison, antelope, elk, deer, sheep to see. This is about 60 miles South of Kalispell.

Montana Rifle Company is just south of Kalispell not far from Flathead Lake.

Missoula - Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation - Boone & Crockett Club national headquarters. Have a neat trophy display as does the RMEF. New World Record Typical bull elk on display from Montana. All time archery and new number 4 typical in the World!! Largest taken in 50 years or something like that. Snowy Mountain Rifles - (just west of town out past the airport) Stevensville - Cooper Arms

Ronan - Toelke Archery east of town at the base of the Mission Mountains. Dan Toelke and his son handcraft some of the best recurves and longbows made anywhere. Really great folks too! Ronan is roughly 50 miles from Kalispell to the South.

Flathead Lake Brewing in Big Fork. But you don't need to hit Big Fork on your day. She'll like it too, so hit it up with her. Although the brewery has good food, I'd drink beer there but go to Showtime for a really nice dinner. If you or she is into plays, the playhouse in Big Fork does pretty good stuff.

http://bigforksummerplayhouse.com/season-shows/

What woman doesn't like Momma Mia.

All good stuff, especially Glacier.

Also: Lake trout charters on Flathead lake, fishing the N. Fork of the Flathead for westslope cutts, Hungry Horse Reservoir hiking or even people watching in Whitefish. Tons of options depending on when you'll be there.

You don't need a fishing license to fish in Glacier.
Tour the North Fork and West Glacier areas then fish McDonald Cr near Apgar in the evening.

When I was up there a few month ago I hit a couple of the local breweries after my workday. Not much free time to fish or anything else.

The whole drive around Flathead Lake was beautiful.

If u have never been to MY just spend the time in Glacier. Otherwise, hit RMEF and Band C in msla. Get some vhsrriws from a roadside stand. Take a fishing trip on glathead. Go to Wilshire island and see some sheep.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back