Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

What kind of access would you like in the Breaks?

I remember antelope hunting over there years ago. We ran into a relative of Chris’s. This guy was nice, but he pretty much said Chris is a nut case and to try to avoid him. I would think even other outfitters would distance themselves.

Well if the access road is denied BLM should close all the roads in the area in question. Public would have access from the river and the outfitters/dudes could walk in from above. Walk in access for all meaning no riding or pack animals. That would level the playing field somewhat.
Probably grazing rights and other things at play so they can’t. Hence my comment earlier if they wanna play cowboys make then ride horses

Soo…..what are you trying to start here? Seems like you are trying to cause discontent. Seems odd coming from a BLM employee…when it actually took place on BLM. Isn’t that somewhat unprofessional? Conflict of interest? It’s so laughable that you bring this up. If your peanut gallery enjoyed “Season 1; Episode 1”…..pay attention to “Season 2; Episode 1”! Let’s see if you want to keep running your soup coolers then….! Just saying….
Don’t be a douche.

I am trying to make the public aware of the comment period for allowing vehicular access to the Bullwhacker area. I realize the encounter was on BLM and I don't doubt that Chris was accurate with the trespass on a closed road. Don't know what that has to do with my professionalism. The road that was mentioned in the video is the same one that is out for public scoping.

I do think it is rich when both you and Eric both "thumbs up" a comment about Montana needs less access, when Chris does have vehicular assess to the BLM, but the public doesn't. Interesting to google all three of your names, hence the chuckle.

Is your "too much access" only for the public, commercial outfitting or both?

FWP thought public assess was important enough to enter into a PALA with the private landowners and now the BLM is soliciting public comment for access across BLM. I am in favor of equitable access, but of course I will remain "professional" and not participate in the scoping.

I am not asking folks on this thread to comment one way or the other, just making folks aware if they are interested.

I also find it interesting that Governor Gianforte selected you and Eric to the PLPW. Appreciate your efforts to be "more responsive to hunter's needs".
View attachment 311805
I guess I have to clarify and justify everything I do…. I should’ve said “less motorized access”……. We clear now???

I’d like to see more road closures and some enforcement on the ground on BLM and state lands….
Personally I’m sick of the blatant sXs & 4 wheelers running wherever they want on accessible lands, ignoring road closures, chasing/harassing game.

I’d like to see more road closures and some enforcement on the ground on BLM and state lands….
Personally I’m sick of the blatant sXs & 4 wheelers running wherever they want on accessible lands, ignoring road closures, chasing/harassing game.
Yeah and we’re sick of outfitters doing what we cannot.. Chris’ pickup was okay just not the 4wheeler?

Chris accessed it LEGALLY. So I guess we can see who gets a ticket.

I can’t drive in there either, and if I ever choose to hunt there would happily walk in. I’ve seen what limited access does for the resource.

Chris accessed it LEGALLY. So I guess we can see who gets a ticket.

I can’t drive in there either, and if I ever choose to hunt there would happily walk in. I’ve seen what limited access does for the resource.
For not owning that land he sure was throwing “trespassing” out there an awful lot. That “illegal” part of the road either needs to be legalized or all the road’s behind it on public closed and reclaimed.

I think that’s what this is mostly about. Drawing attention.

I hope the road remains closed, for the sake of the wildlife.

Not all landowners and outfitters are out to play all-mine-asshole. 8-10 years ago, I was carrying a backpack across a state section to hike in and hunt for a few days on some adjacent public. Landowner who has cattle on the state drives up behind me - legal for him, not for me. Where you headed? Well get in, I'll give you a ride. About 10 minutes later after baha-ing off road up to the top of a hill to a fence corner.. "this is as far as I can get you!"

Well Thanks - I owe you a 6 pack.

Not all landowners and outfitters are out to play all-mine-asshole. 8-10 years ago, I was carrying a backpack across a state section to hike in and hunt for a few days on some adjacent public. Landowner who has cattle on the state drives up behind me - legal for him, not for me. Where you headed? Well get in, I'll give you a ride. About 10 minutes later after baha-ing off road up to the top of a hill to a fence corner.. "this is as far as I can get you!"

Well Thanks - I owe you a 6 pack.
8-10 years ago I could pack an elk from Wigwam to Horse hill all by myself.

One of the cool things about this opportunity is it’s not a scoping for “yes” or “no,” it’s a scoping to look at possible issues and alternatives that will then go into an EA. That means, the door is wide open to talk about providing access into that area, and what that access should look like. Judging by this map it’s not “every road open” but take a look and offer up some suggestions and reasoning as to why.

Attachments

• IMG_8866.jpeg
    IMG_8866.jpeg
    659.6 KB · Views: 63
To those that are interested in commenting, just a reminder to have substantive comments. Just stating you want the road closed or open doesn't carry much weight. Use some rational.

A good place to start would be to see what was written in the original Plan. I suggest a quick word search in the two parts of the Approved RMP. Words like "access" or "recreation" might help in formulating a substantive comment.
1705976427122.png

For those interested in what the current road system looks like from a 30k foot perspective, there are also two maps (Transportation) on the same link that may be of interest. The area in question for this EA is the "East Side Transportation".

Looks like there is good public participation to this point and I am looking forward to seeing some of the comments.

I am also glad to see the interest shown on this thread.

Back