What is the biggest challenge for you in hunting?

Hardest part about OOS hunting for me is swallowing the cost of an OOS license.

Hardest part about hunting for me in my home state is swallowing the cost of lease fees.

Time time time. Work, small kid, etc. When I was in my 20s I had all sorts of time and wasted a lot of it. Now I'm scrambling for extra!

Over lapping seasons...can't be in 2-3 places at once.

Sucks it all has to happen between August-January.

Money, time, and so far health aren't the issue...too many things happen at the same time. Retiring would help very little with the over-lapping season problem.

As an example:

Whitetail deer hunting, I have great places to hunt in IL, WY, MT. The best times are all in the same few weeks in November. On top of that, have a great place to hunt Coues in AZ that overlaps the later parts of IL, MT, and WY.

Would like to hunt them all, usually only get 2 or 3 of them...sucks because tags are easy to get for all 4.

Last edited:
Finding waterways to float out heavy loads of meat.
I find myself bird hunting more because they're easier to pack out.

Health or physical condition?

Finding a place to hunt?

Financial condition?

Not having a mentor to show you how to do things?

Having enough time?

Dealing with laws and game regs?

Not being able to use the guns and ammo you want to hunt with depending on location, season and game sought? For some deer hunters across America, you might have a devil of a time if all you prefer is modern rifles with traditional (necked-down) cartridges and lead-containing bullets to get venision for the freezer. It would not be warm and pleasant in my heart to not be allowed to use a beloved Savage 99 in the deer woods coz of restrictions/bans against such tools for that purpose.

Not getting skunked?

Other?
Time for sure...owning your own business isn't as extravagant as people think

Tags, access, and time away from work/family obligations. The first two are way bigger problems and not getting better. Retirement in 5 yrs will take care of time.

#1 Cost
#2. Time
#3. Finding someone to teach me how to hunt

Odds are stacked against me.

You don't need someone to teach you to hunt. You simply need the desire to learn.
How does looking for someone to show me the real world practices if hunting determine whether or not I have a desire to learn?

How does looking for someone to show me the real world practices if hunting determine whether or not I have a desire to learn?
It’s not that hard. Take a gun for a walk. Go slow. Keep the wind in your face.

There is so much information available that I feel 100% comfortable in saying there is no need for someone to teach you.

Back