What did you learn?

Be Prepared

I learned to be prepared for anything, with the early snows last year I couldn't get within 12 miles of some of my favorite spots. that won't happen again, I will have a set of Tracks for my ATV from now on , so I can get back in on the ATV trails snow or no snow.
it sucks when you drive 1700 miles and can't get to your spots.

Kevin

I learned that even if it's snowing, cold, foggy and you can't see 10 feet, stay till dark. You never know when it's going to clear up with 10 minutes of shooting light left and there's a bull less that 300 yards away feeding peacefully. Everyone else was back at camp when I took my shot.

Limited Opportunity hunts are appropriately named. There is a reason all 10 out of 10 available tags can be applied for as leftovers. And I learned, that when you have a bow in your hands even when you do everything right, you still need the animal to make a mistake.

Last edited:
What I learned this season.

I learned pre season scouting might get you a shot at a 180 class deer. Whether you make the shot is a different story.

I learned that you can shoot a big bull the last weekend of rifle season on public land. So saying it's a pressured area doesn't mean squat. Makes me wonder how many opportunities I passed because I thought this.

I learned the elk formula I've been trying to figure out for yrs.
10 % skill and persistence + 90% luck = well it doesn't equal anything.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back