What animal sparked your Obsession???

konasage

My youth was bashed with the thoughts of this deer, my dad's buddy shot this Deer in 1969 in Delta Co. Colorado. It scores 252 1/8. I had to look at this deer all the time when we went to their house for BBQ's and such. No wonder I love HUGE Mule Deer. Sorry for the poor pic quality.

Attachments

• 129743409896828515.jpg
    129743409896828515.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 325
Sure his momma didn't take a shine to a caribou? Don't think I've ever seen such a trashy mulie. That's trashy in a good sense; that had to make his heart skip a beat when he first saw it. Nice.

I had the same situation as you. I got to look at this deer on a plaque in my wifes grandpas house every year we went to family reunions. Now it is mounted and I still get to look at it. I had it for about 3 months in my house and man there wasn't a day that I just didn't go stare at it. " I couldn't even imagine what it was like back in the day hunting." That buck you posted is a monster thanks for sharing
My grandpa had that same mule deer deer picture on his basement wall that is framed in the picture. Funny.

gpadeernew.jpg

Dink,
Its in the B&C Book I think about #298 Non-T. The hunters last name is Stockemer. He is no longer with us but I am trying to get a hold of his sons to get them to put it in the Eastmans Big Buck tour. (or my house)

BTW Bart, That is a HELLUVA Buck!!

It's about 30 years now! that buck has over 30" main beams and a 34 1/2" spread to the outside, can't remember the inside spread on him. He is a pig!

Outstanding mule deer. I think I have seen some similar genetics. Looks like a few bigger have been entered in recent years and he is now at #330.

ya know, I may be the only one here that says this, but, a lonely mule deer doe, maybe a yearling, and when it stepped out at 20 yards in the badlands of north dakota I gave him a look...:confused: and well he drew and smoked her, it was like you put a garden hose of blood out her heart, she went 15 yards and tried too climb out of the wash/gully she was in, and flipped over backwards, was awesome when I was 6 and is awesome now when i'm 28......
Matt

An elk mount in the office of the dairy supply store we frequented when I was a kid lit the fire in me to hunt elk. I bought my first rifle in .300 Win mag with that in mind as a 14 year old in California. I bought my first elk tag in Idaho at 19 years old. Missed my first elk at 21 in Oregon, and killed my first elk in Oregon at 32 with a bow. I've been making up for lost time ever since.

Out here in the west its all about mule deer. I dont think I could point to one mount or picture but rather countless stories my dad and grandpa told about packing back into the blue mountains. I still stop and look at almost everyone buck I see and picture how big he will be next year. Thanks dad for the love of mule deer.

This a great question. Great buck pics btw guys! Those are GI-normous
Growing up in SW Iowa, probably should have been the moster whitetail we would hunt from September to January, but it is not.
The obsession started with upland game, pheasant and quail. The covey of 25 quail exploding out from the front of Hiedi's (our german shorthair) nose and trying to determine where to aim my winchester 1300?....and/or a pair of cackling roosters that would jump from underneath your feet and make your heart stop.
My obsession is elk, and passion is elk camp each season.

Back