Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Western US Vacation

You could spend 2 weeks in the Tetons and not see everything she has to offer, and I have. Heaven on earth.

I agree with othe that glacier is a must see, however the fishing is much better in yellowstone and its more accessible. Other spots not mentioned are wall drug in south dakota. What's there.....everything, stop and see it once. Also spend some time in Cody, the museum is there but also the cody night rodeo.

One hint on yellowstone is stay in the northern part of the park. Better wildlife and less people.

I agree with othe that glacier is a must see, however the fishing is much better in yellowstone and its more accessible. Other spots not mentioned are wall drug in south dakota. What's there.....everything, stop and see it once. Also spend some time in Cody, the museum is there but also the cody night rodeo.

One hint on yellowstone is stay in the northern part of the park. Better wildlife and less people.

You can go to wall drug, but don't waste your time on the corn palace hahaha

We've done a Colorado loop a couple times. Really enjoyed it. Fly into Denver , rent a SUV Hit Vail, Aspen, Crested Bute, and Breckinridge. Back to Denver, catch a Rockies game & fly back. Spent 2 nights each place.
Another great one in Sept is Durango, Silverton, Ouray, Telluride, & back to Durango. Awesome.

There's an hour, I'll never get back. The corn palace......a great big gym with some crops aranged into a picture, wow.

I agree, Wall drug is OK, to see once. And the Corn Palace? Like the others have said, a waste. Mitchell does have a nice Cabelas though, just off the freeway. Lots of used shotguns there...it's pheasant country after all.

depending on where you live. Washington's Olympic Peninsula can be other-worldly. I prefer to visit in either the late winter/early spring, when the 50 deg rain feels a summer shower compared to the frozen tundra, or in August, when again the 60 degree rain provides relief to the 100+ oppressive heat.

If you are into natives american histoy or history in general, do the crazy horse monument and the battle of the little bighorn. I suppose do mt rushmore but I personally don't care for it. I generally get disgusted with other tourists and find it pitiful compared to crazy horse.

Lots of good national forest camping and fishinh as well. Plenty of places where you'll be the only humans around. Chances are the only people you'll see will be on atvs and they are usually there late in the morning and are gone by late evening.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back