Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Western Nevada Fishing Trip

huntbux

Went on a high mountain fishing trip with a buddy of mine a couple weeks back had a great day catching 40+ fish. Only 2 rainbows 3 brookie's and all the rest Tiger trout. I am head back on Tuesday and just remembered I wanted to post some pics on here.

2012-06-26125759.jpg

2012-06-26124712.jpg

2012-06-26124410.jpg

2012-06-26124448.jpg

2012-06-26123504.jpg

2012-06-26120433.jpg

would have more photos but my phone died about half way through the day. Only took pictures of the larger and smallest fish.

They are called Tiger Trout. I think they are beautiful and one of my favorite fish I have seen in the area. I could not believe how many hits I was getting that day 3 or 4 on each cast, but the single/barbless rules in the area make it a little harder to keep them on each time. If I had a float tube and got up there a little earlier I believe I could have easy had 70 - 100 fish that day. It was a blast. Will be heading back up this Tuesday.

Beautiful fish...looks like you were using a Dardevle Devle Dog in crackle frog pattern.

I am not familiar with "tiger trout." Are they a brown/brook hybrid of some sort?

I believe he was using an Thomas Buoyant in frog pattern but was close guess.

Tiger Trout is a Brook/Brown Hybrid that is correct.

Spent another day Saturday fishing Hobart, got the float tube out and the buddy and I had a good day. Not nearly as good as the last but about 30 fish between the two of us. Our other buddy caught nothing from shore or wading on the shore line. Bite was great till about 10 then died off till early afternoon. Soon as the cloud cover came over the fish would go nuts. But when the sun was out they were just sleeping.

@jlmatthew, if you ever have time to come to nevada there are a few lakes that have them. Not very big here in the Carson area but a lake up near Elko has some large Tigers and others as well, Knott Creek Res.

@jlmatthew, if you ever have time to come to nevada there are a few lakes that have them. Not very big here in the Carson area but a lake up near Elko has some large Tigers and others as well, Knott Creek Res.

We have them here too, but they never seem to bite my line

Sweet pics.

Curious, you say single barb-less, yet in a one picture(s) its clearly a treble hook? Does single mean single lure or hook? Some states have screwy rules, just wondering.

@johncushman I caught a few on flies this time but we got there a little late for the main bite.
Not really any bite from the shore it seemed but most the fish we caught were within casting from shore distance.
@Bambistew sent you a PM

as far as I could understand, it was a single hook no barb. I have a complete set of lures and flies just for this lake now and others like it.
I have taken care of any confusion my buddy had on the rules/laws of the lake.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back