Waiting for Wyoming leftover list.

Rooster52

I usually pickup a couple leftover doe tags,Hopeing there will be something in southern part of the state . I always enjoy hunting antelope doe,and enjoy the meat,if I get the tags.

Last edited:
I might pick up a doe tag as well if I can. I SHOULD pull a buck tag so might get a doe for some extra meat.

Last year there were about 22 areas with leftovers but were in limited access areas, make sure you have permission to hunt before applying
Good luck!

There sure was a run on doe tags this year and I read where someone was wondering if it was due to Wyoming going to the 5/31 application deadline and guys that didn't draw tags in other states just wanted to get out somewhere on a hunt. That may well be the case and the cheap license fees sure don't hurt either. Anyone getting the tags that are left need to really do their homework to make sure they have some legally accessible spots to hunt so they won't be disappointed when they make a long drive to get there.

I struck out in the draw this year (which was expected) but I'm thinking of getting a leftover tag. Are private landowners a little easier on the pocketbook for bowhunters? I'm thinking of going out as soon as the season opens in Aug. If anyone has info on trespass fee hunts in a leftover unit it would be appreciated. Hopefully my luck is better on my MT elk B tag ;)

I struck out in the draw this year (which was expected) but I'm thinking of getting a leftover tag. Are private landowners a little easier on the pocketbook for bowhunters? I'm thinking of going out as soon as the season opens in Aug. If anyone has info on trespass fee hunts in a leftover unit it would be appreciated. Hopefully my luck is better on my MT elk B tag ;)

I doubt that you'll get much of a break if you buy a buck tag, but many will let a person take does for free if you ask around. Since the G&F doesn't keep lists of ranchers that you can ask for any longer it's getting harder to find what you're asking for, although they do have some names on their public access section that you can take a look at, but it may be down for redoing until the first part of next month like the main access part is right now.

How fast do these tags usually sell out ? I'll be pouring concrete when they go on sale and was wondering if it'd be safe to wait till evening or should I try to buy on my phone ?

Goat

How fast do these tags usually sell out ? I'll be pouring concrete when they go on sale and was wondering if it'd be safe to wait till evening or should I try to buy on my phone ?

Goat

Depends on where they are and how many are left. I've seen a number of units sell out within the first minute or two of when they went on sale.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back