WA Buck Down

nbell

I spent the first 4 days of the season trying to help my brother in law get his buck. Day one and two consisted of a lot of bucks, and terrible wind. Day 3 the wind was pretty steady, but the location of the bucks didn't allow anything to come together. Day 4 was my brother in laws last day to hunt. A cooperative wind as we as buck allowed everything to come together for him. Still think I should have shot it, but he was awful happy. He hit it a touch far back but did hit liver, so it went a lot farther into the bottom of the canyon that I would have wanted. Here he is where we found him.
100_0702.JPG

A quick job of quartering and we were on our way out. He was pretty excited to try out his new pack. This was the first time he has gotten to see how to quarter and carry an animal. He was flat happy.
100_0717.JPG
100_0719.JPG

I still think I should have shot this buck, but am glad a newer hunter got to connect on it. I had to work the last 5 days, but should get some time this week to try and one up him.

Very very nice buck! I am wondering if your brother-in-law's smile was as big after the packout as when it was just starting... He looks very happy as well he should! Congrats to you both.

As the buck was laying in his bed at 22 yards my brother in law looked at me and asked "do you want him". That would be why I feel a little like I let an opportunity slip away. Still happy for him!!

I'm sure he appreciates you guiding him! Congrats to you both on a great trophy!

Back