Vortex Viper binos?

OKED

I am thinking about buying a pair of binos to use out west in open country for hunting and am looking at the Vortex vipers in 10x40 or 12x 40 and cannot decide what would be better . I have a pair of swarovski 8x30 slc that I use a lot but do not think they will be enough in open country Has anybody used these binos and if so what did you think?

Vortex vipers are good, but in all honesty, your SLCs will serve you well.
The debate between 8x vs. 10X is overblown.
I think most people find 12X to hard to hold steady by hand.
The better optics on your Swaros will more than make up for the difference between them and a lesser quality pair of 10 X, and the lighter weight will be a blessing after hiking 8 miles.

Vortex vipers are good, but in all honesty, your SLCs will serve you well.
The debate between 8x vs. 10X is overblown.
I think most people find 12X to hard to hold steady by hand.
The better optics on your Swaros will more than make up for the difference between them and a lesser quality pair of 10 X, and the lighter weight will be a blessing after hiking 8 miles.

I agree, 8X is still plenty for open country. I can see if you didn't have any bins at all but to go from 8X SLC's to 10's in what your looking is is not going to get you much. If your looking to see things far out use a spotter once you locate with the bins

yup my 8x Vortex work just fine for me...first pair of binos I have ever owned so I might not know what I'm talking about though:eek:

Unless you just want another pair of binos, you're probably fine with your 8x30's, but if you want another pair the Vortex binos are very interesting in my opinion. My son has a pair of 10x42 Diamondback's and I've been very impressed with those, I've also been thinking of trying one of the Viper rifle scopes.

Back