Va opener Swamp doe

DaveHawk

I didn't wait on a buck. But now I can.
what a morning Saturday was. I got on stand about 9 a.m. 5 does were feeding in the marsh land which is the back end of the lake. Beavers have it all dammed up. I bleated 2 times and a 2year old with her yearling come out of the swamp to the hardwoods. @ about 10 yards I busted her front shoulder at the neck line the exit was center shoulder. She turned and I watched her bust back across the swamp and when I could not see her any longer I her a big splash. She was at the dam. I got wet making my way over to her. I drug her to the opposite side, it was a lot closer lol, made my way back to my stand to get pack and bow, then down the lake a couple hundred yards to the canoe then across the lake to the van and up to the barn for the ATV. All in all went smoothly. Except for getting wet. Maybe next weekend the bucks will be active.
Got her back to the barn and butchered her up. and when my friend Grov returned from Ky I handed him a big bag of freezer ready meat. I keep out two choice cuts of the ham white {light} meat and told him to try it and left for home. 2.5 hr drive and that evening I get a tex from Grov, "That was the best " :D

Attachments

• 20121006_134921.jpg
    20121006_134921.jpg
    338.2 KB · Views: 172
Back