Utah's public land stance vs Outdoor Retailer Show

Losing a $45 million show will be nice to put among accomplishments when running for reelection.

Do you ever feel bad about not feeling bad when others tell you, you should feel bad?

Last edited by a moderator:
Utah was also in the running to take over the InterBike trade show that is currently held in Vegas, they Utah will no longer be considered for that either. Anti-public rhetoric just hit Utah home with real world consequences, and although I do feel bad for those this will negatively affect, I'm happy to see the Outdoor Industry step up.

I never feel bad about not living in Utah...ever.

What a great Governor to stick up for Rob Bishop, Jason Chaffetz, and Ken Ivory...even when it just cost his state a cool 45 million.

What a lapdog...

Utah was also in the running to take over the InterBike trade show that is currently held in Vegas, they Utah will no longer be considered for that either. Anti-public rhetoric just hit Utah home with real world consequences, and although I do feel bad for those this will negatively affect, I'm happy to see the Outdoor Industry step up.

I don't feel bad for them...they had a choice at the polls, they can live with the consequences of their vote.

I don't feel bad for them...they had a choice at the polls, they can live with the consequences of their vote.
Hey I'm one of those poor bastards stuck in this state! Moving to Montana crosses my mind often.

Hey I'm one of those poor bastards stuck in this state! Moving to Montana crosses my mind often.

Oneye,
There's a lotta poor bastards stuck in a lotta place's that gotta' live with the consequences of a lotta' other's votes. Like Red Green said, "we're all in this together, I'm pullin for ya"
Many folks don't like to admit it, but there is a we and a they - like it or not.
Least a lot of us are fighting the same battles......... There are good folks in Utah on the same team - as well as not. Montana has the same........well, almost.....

Yeah, I know there's a bunch of people there that don't deserve it, but I bet a lot of the business owners this will impact all voted for the likes of Bishop, Ivory, Herbie, Chaffetz, across the board.

Those guys deserve it, you don't.

Things like this may change the climate in Utah just yet...still hope.

"I bet a lot of the business owners this will impact all voted for the likes of Bishop, Ivory, Herbie, Chaffetz, across the board".

That's a good thing. However, alternative facts will likely explain the reasons for and any effects to their businesses:rolleyes:

Yeah, I know there's a bunch of people there that don't deserve it, but I bet a lot of the business owners this will impact all voted for the likes of Bishop, Ivory, Herbie, Chaffetz, across the board.

Those guys deserve it, you don't.

Things like this may change the climate in Utah just yet...still hope.
I hope it helps affect a little change, and I agree if they voted for any of them they deserve it.

I never feel bad about not living in Utah...ever.

What a great Governor to stick up for Rob Bishop, Jason Chaffetz, and Ken Ivory...even when it just cost his state a cool 45 million.

What a lapdog...

Utah tourism/hospitality last year $8.2B. OR $45M is 4%. We will be fine!

At the end of the day Utah still owns the Outdoor Industry. We fostered the environment for that show and industry to develop; they didn't foster that lifestyle in Utah.

Utah tourism/hospitality last year $8.2B. OR $45M is 4%. We will be fine!

At the end of the day Utah still owns the Outdoor Industry. We fostered the environment for that show and industry to develop; they didn't foster that lifestyle in Utah.
Yeah... what's $45 million in the pockets of Utah resident. Chump change.

If the guy handling your IRA did something dumb and your retirement took a hit to the tune of 4%, you wouldn't have any repercussions lined up for that guy?

And that 8.2 billion number quoted above is a statewide number. This $45 million is a blow to the SLC area, particularly those business that cater to the convention (hotels, restaurants, ect). This will be a huge loss for them. There's also the real possibility that others follow suit. This could snowball to other conventions. I could even see manufacturers leave similar to what some gun manufacturers did after Colorado passed gun laws.

This could be a similar situation as happened to North Carolina with their stupid bathroom bill. Current economic impact sits at $630 million since March 2016.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back