Utah General Elk Tag

Good to hear some of you got in, shortly after I posted I jumped up to 300K+ and decided to call it a day. Anyone heard anything as to whether the numbers reflected were actual numbers or were there glitches/bugs in their online "waiting room"?

Good to hear some of you got in, shortly after I posted I jumped up to 300K+ and decided to call it a day. Anyone heard anything as to whether the numbers reflected were actual numbers or were there glitches/bugs in their online "waiting room"?
There was definitely some glitches in the system. My buddy in UT texted me about 1:00 and said he had been waiting for 3 hours and had went from 57,000th to 26,000th in line. I then went to the UDWR site just to see how long the line was by then. I site said I was 11,000th in line and 15,000 places in front of him.

So amid all this talk about general elk licenses, I looked at my points in UT and determined I am SOLIDLY in No Man's Land. I'm at least 10 years (barring point creep) from drawing pretty much any LE tag. I had to ask Myself...."SELF, would you pay nearly $600 to go to Utah and try to shoot a Spike elk?"

I think there are other states where I would rather spend the money. The only attraction is that I have never hunted anything in Utah and I'd like to add it to my list of states hunted. "Checking another box" so to speak.

From what I understand @2rocky, you are not alone. Many folks are having the same thoughts and deciding to walk away with double digit point counts.

This is not unique to UT, I played the exact same game for ID in December and lost. The Western states only have so many resources and the number of people wanting to partake is growing at fast pace. It is great that so many are joining the hunter ranks, but this is an unfortunate byproduct. This year has been a rough one for obtaining tags. Kinda fits with everything else i guess.

Back