Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Utah General Deer Hunt 2009

Spitz

Kind of quiet around here today.

Any out of staters around here hunted Utah with a general season tag before?

My Idaho spots saw some bad winterkill last year and I'm not ready to cash in in Colorado or Wyoming yet. Big Fin's adventures have inspired me of late and I've got some general deer points in Utah so I may give it a shot down in the Southern region. Never hunted it before but who knows, maybe I'll get lucky.

Sounds like it can be a zoo down there for the weeklong season.

I imagine most of you out of staters hoding out for your elk tags, any other deer point builders around here?

I've heard the Southern region can be quite 'busy' being only a 5 day season. If you decide to try either the Central or Nothern I may be of some help. For the Northern, save your points and buy it over the counter in July.

Anything up to like 13 points gives you a .1% chance at the Henry's tags. That's a bit disheartening. That's why I'll be general seasoning it most likely.

Imagine what would happen if you could transfer your points to other people. You could probably fund some great trips by selling those points.

The new proposed regs are closing down a loophole sorta like that! It involves those with LOTS of points helping those with few points draw tags, then they return the tag and get their point +1. I wish I'd have thought of that...

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Live2huntelk
Back