MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Utah elk advice...

ashersdad

Looking for thoughts here. I have 13 NR points. I have been putting in for San Juan for years. I hunted there in 2000 with a buddy and it was incredible. BUT, after looking at the odds, it looks like it will be years before drawing the tag. So what would you do?? Keep putting in for San Juan or look at other units. I think I would have pretty good odds for Dutton, Monroe, Fishlake, and others. I have never hunted any of them, but I know they are great units. Just weighing my options. Any thoughts???

San juan archery all the way!.... if it was that incredible why not try it with a bow? Do you shoot a bow? If i don't draw this year that will be my choice next year. This year I just didn't have enough points to feel comfortable with it but you do.

With 13 points I'd stay with any of the super units (ie San Juan, Pahvant, etc) and then just hope. You're only one point behind the max point holders, so in the next couple of years you should draw just about any tag you wish.

I hear you delema. I only have 7 ( I think) points for Utah and now you are required to buy a non-res. hunting lics. just to put in for a point. It is not as bad as Arizona but still more $$ than I want to spend. Good luck on your decission.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back