NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Unit 51 New Mexico cow elk hunt

Bronsonmacias

Hi there I have a hunt this year in unit 51 New Mexico. I have previously been around the Canjilon area and saw lots of sign but I am looking for any info of hot spots of the unit or what is a good general side of the unit to be on. Any response help thank you.

Good luck & good hunting. Never hunted there myself,but above advice should be heeded.

where are you coming from?

Go on highway 64 from Tres Piedras or Tierra Amarilla then off forest 91 and go to Tusas Mountain or Kiowa, Good Luck

From my recent experience in Idaho I would say that boots on the ground scouting cannot possibly be replaced. Get out there as soon as you can.

where are you coming from?

Go on highway 64 from Tres Piedras or Tierra Amarilla then off forest 91 and go to Tusas Mountain or Kiowa, Good Luck
Why? There's a reason for private messages. This is one. From now until the implosion of the internet, whenever tag "Christmas day" rolls around every April and new tag holders Google this unit, guess what hits they get?

Maybe
Why? There's a reason for private messages. This is one. From now until the implosion of the internet, whenever tag "Christmas day" rolls around every April and new tag holders Google this unit, guess what hits they get?
Maybe it was on purpose, if one was to lazy to get out there and figure it out.....

I vote (knowing full well this isn't a democracy) for a sticky on "spot" or "unit inquiry" etiquette. I don't think people know. Or even better, since they probably wouldn't read it anyway, and since the majority of these are first time or usually only time posters, when you sign up for an account you have to take and pass a quiz on forum unit inquiry etiquette, and kinda like some classified sections on others sites, you have to make 20 posts on other threads before you can ask (judged by long time members on quality of contribution to the topic). :LOL:

Hi there I have a hunt this year in unit 51 New Mexico. I have previously been around the Canjilon area and saw lots of sign but I am looking for any info of hot spots of the unit or what is a good general side of the unit to be on. Any response help thank you.
Hello, curious to know if you ended up hiring an outfitter or not. Going to unit 51 in October for bull hunt. First time NM elk hunting. Looking for recommendation on outfitter for that unit.

Hello, curious to know if you ended up hiring an outfitter or not. Going to unit 51 in October for bull hunt. First time NM elk hunting. Looking for recommendation on outfitter for that unit.
Welcome to HT!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jon_G
Back