MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Unit 25 and 18 wy

174in

Anyone here ever hunted these units? Planning on public land but I see the access isnt great. I have a good GPS with huntmap chips. Feel free to pm me.I am looking for a 2nd or 3rd choice unit and have it narrowed down to the Oct1st opener.1st choice will be a unit with a 25% draw odd that I have hunted before. I will not be trophy hunting im just looking to have a good time and learn another unit. Any info would be great!

Hello,

Not sure when you posted this question, but yes, I have hunted area 25 a lot; in fact the past 4 years. The unit has changed a little...with private land pushing in from every side. Not only that, but the land owners are not being very nice lately, cutting of access to key areas. I found myself walking a lot last season. For the past 4 years we have had a 100% success ratio. We have taken bucks as large as 15 1/2". I am also looking to try and trade someone a hunt. I will guide them in my state if they will do the same in theirs.

Thanks,
From my research and everything I have been is about what you have said tough access and tough landowners. Sounds like a guy for sure needs to know where he is at when hunting this unit 25. I hear 18 is even a harder hunt from what I hear and looking at the harvest reports. As far as hunt trades go there is not much around my area to offer as the DNR has pretty much wiped out our deer here is SW Wisconsin because of CWD.

I have hunted 25, in one area I was in, one of the landowners was trying to round up hunters on public land and kick them off. I knew exactly where I was on public and stayed put. He was driving his truck all over BLM land searching for hunters and yelling at them to get off the land because they were trespassing...he was being a total d-bag. I ended up leaving shortly after, but only afterI tagged a doe. After the fact I called BLM and Game and Fish and reported him...but I doubt anything came of it. They just said he has been a problem in the past. I did see some nice bucks, but I probably would not hunt this unit again. I think there are better units out there that you can draw with 0 points or even get as leftover. my 2 cents. Good luck in the draws and enjoy Wyoming it is a fun state to hunt and learn.

Area 25

Area 25, although small, holds a great heard of antelope. 4 years ago when we started hunting the unit, there were no landowners out patrolling or giving you the dirty look. We saw a ton of antelope. Last year my daughter shot a hog. If you want to hunt the unit, I would be glad to show it to you. Don't need to worry about a trade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back