Unexpected Find- big non typical

406hunter

I was roofing a buddies house this week and when I was looking for a tool in the garage a saw some antlers. After wading my way through the piles in his garage I found a large set of mule deer antlers. There were a few large racks but one stood out. It's a non typical with 8 on one side and 9 on the other. It still had the tag attached and gravelly range Madison co. is written on it. When I asked my friend about the antlers he said ya my grandpa was really into hunting and shot some nice animals, but my grandma didn't like them in the house so he just kept them out here. I've never seen a 200" buck before but I think this one is.

Attachments

• IMG_4990.jpg
    IMG_4990.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 1,284
  • IMG_4988.jpg
    IMG_4988.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 1,291
  • IMG_4989.jpg
    IMG_4989.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 1,292
Last edited:
Wow what a find, did your buddy let you have them, or is he a hunter?

Grandma would've been in the garage along with the dinks. That one would be front and center in the den.

Should have them scored just for fun. Neat way to honor his grandfather and the animal. I don't think they would make B&C for non-typical, but they are very nice. Neat find. I think your friend should have them put on a plaque and displayed.

Scored it last night. Don't know how accurate it is but here's what I came up with...

Attachments

• IMG_5002.PNG
    IMG_5002.PNG
    173.4 KB · Views: 328
Back