MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Ultralight Cordage Reccomendations

Paracord too much weight and too much volume in your pack? If so, then best not try to pack an elk out! 'Just sayin'.
I always carry a couple 50' pieces of 550 paracord in my pack and use it to pull my bow up the tree. But I always thought it was pretty light and compact and strong for its size. Any smaller and I'd think it'd cut into your hand pulling on it

Id use pulling tape long before I go out of my way for anything fancy. But, I've got loads of it.

Man, this thread sure spiraled. Perhaps I overcomplicated the paracord, but my perception has always been that it's bulky and heavier than it needs to be given my intended use case.

You all do you. I'll do me and keep killing the crap out of things and refining my approach to find ways to get better. Some folks spend their money on booze and women. I spend mine on ninja stuff for the woods or on the water.

I've used gangan fishing leader line before, and also have used the more expensive 2mm rope used for tent guy lines.

Agree paracord is overly heavy for my needs as well, but its also more friendly on untying and holding on to when hanging meat bags.

Man, this thread sure spiraled. Perhaps I overcomplicated the paracord, but my perception has always been that it's bulky and heavier than it needs to be given my intended use case.

You all do you. I'll do me and keep killing the crap out of things and refining my approach to find ways to get better. Some folks spend their money on booze and women. I spend mine on ninja stuff for the woods or on the water.
Seriously, I've used pull tape simply because I didn't have cordage but the shop was closer than the store. It's flat vs cylindrical of cordage.

I don't know all your uses, but it flat works for me, give it a tryScreenshot_20230809_142512_Chrome.jpg

Seriously, I've used pull tape simply because I didn't have cordage but the shop was closer than the store. It's flat vs cylindrical of cordage.

I don't know all your uses, but it flat works for me, give it a tryView attachment 287383
tried it once. and it was almost worthless. It creates so much drag over a large limb that it makes hanging meat 2x as hard as it needs to be. Plus it frails.

Might as well use a hatchet to skin.

tried it once. and it was almost worthless. It creates so much drag over a large limb that it makes hanging meat 2x as hard as it needs to be. Plus it frails.

Might as well use a hatchet to skin.
To the fraying I'd agree to a point, but I've never experienced 2x as hard, but I hang meat a little different where I'm not using the limb as the pulley.

So I'd agree that it probably does as you speak it does in your experiences, and, well, we're talking something expendable and different approaches for different materials.

Just was working on my bow and realized Dloop material might work for you. 550Paracord is 3mm, D loop material is 2mm and is a good somewhat stiff but flexible cord with a grippy texture.

I don't know all your uses, but it flat works for me, give it a tryView attachment 287383

Pull (mule) tape is amazing. Pull a moose, whole, from a beaver pond and then over dry land up a slope to a two track for a couple hundred feet tied to a bumper.IMG_3889.jpeg

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back