Ukraine / Russia

Update on sanctions

Ruble still down over 30%.
Apparently, no one wants to own Russian bonds as getting paid is a worse than a coin-flip.
And even the Swiss have decided to join in. https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/neutral-swiss-adopt-sanctions-against-russia-2022-02-28/

Estimates put non-ruble reserves ar $600B (about a third of the country's GDP), with about $150B in physical gold. That begs the question on how much can they access if no one can work with Russia Central Bank. I guess China can give them a yuan loan, but anyone who has loaned money to a deadbeat relative will probably be able to estimate how long relationship will hold. If China increases the transactions with Russia there will be a feedback loop on the Yuan requiring them to keep the currency stronger. It is a risky bet.
In a couple years you will be calling Russia the Northwest China Territories.

Russia's attempt to create a fortress economy. Before most people were paying attention, this was an indicator of Putin's intentions we were looking at...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/russia...-economy-have-exposed-a-weak-spot-11643193911

Say what you want but he speaks the truth.
The guy who produced the video doesn't know his ass from third base. His bullshit happens to fit what you personally believe. If you want to believe his money making horse shit, knock yourself out. Take it to Facebook or Rumble.

Continue to post that type of content here, as you have the last two days, and your password will likely stop working. If you are trying to make some sort of statement, it isn't working. This forum isn't going to become a place for conspiracy bullshit.

The guy who produced the video doesn't know his ass from third base. His bullshit happens to fit what you personally believe. If you want to believe his money making horse shit, knock yourself out. Take it to Facebook or Rumble.

Continue to post that type of content here, as you have the last two days, and your password will likely stop working. If you are trying to make some sort of statement, it isn't working. This forum isn't going to become a place for conspiracy bullshit.
Whatever. Anytime you don't agree with a person's opinion, it's a conspiracy. 🙄

US General Assembly Vote results:
1646247064615.png

Learned about a new country today, Eritrea

As the report by the UN Human Rights Council explained: "No national elections have taken place since that time, and no presidential elections have ever taken place. Local or regional elections have not been held since 2003–2004. The National Assembly elected independent Eritrea’s first president, Isaias Afwerki, in 1993.

US General Assembly Vote results:
View attachment 213982

Learned about a new country today, Eritrea

As the report by the UN Human Rights Council explained: "No national elections have taken place since that time, and no presidential elections have ever taken place. Local or regional elections have not been held since 2003–2004. The National Assembly elected independent Eritrea’s first president, Isaias Afwerki, in 1993.
I have a coworker originally from Eritrea. Another humanitarian crisis. Some real winners on the Against list

The abstention votes are more interesting. Like why did South Africa and Bolivia abstain?
A lot of African governments still stick with the old non-alignment movement.

India is the real eye-catcher
Same here for non-alignment.

Bolivia doesn’t really surprise me.

I was surprised at Turkey’s stance.
Turkey has been pretty cozy with Russia since 2016. Their about-face has surprised me as well.

SITKA Pre Season Savings

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shinerbt
Back