Caribou Gear Tarp

Ukraine / Russia

Okay, so here I was thinking pretty much everyone was already aware that mainstream media is nothing but propaganda. Guess I was wrong. Sorry to hurt some of your feelings.
You conspiracy guys always do this, when your shitty arguments (which are always just "watch Jimmy Dore or Steven Crowder make my argument for me") don't take hold you say "HM Guess you SHEEP aren't ready for the Real Truth!"

Take that Kyrie Irving BS somewhere else dude, like wllm said if you're an adult make an argument, have conversation, be a part of discussion. Don't waste people's time with that nonsense.

Lacking a good segue, I’d like to ensure everyone has the chance to watch this because it 1) brought me so much joy, and 2) was eerie how clearly bringing the Soviet Union back is like kind of a real thing now

Yes sir. This is your forum. Us going back and forth isn't going to help anyone. However, you just have to be careful when you start to become the arbitrator of truth like Facebook, Youtube, and Twitter.
I appreciate your understanding. I'll take the risks that come with the responsibility of guiding this forum to a useful purpose and a place to share interesting discussions.

I'd ask that you look back at your posts on this thread. You posted a photo that was shown to not be the context you tried to make it to be. That is not me being an arbiter of truth. That is stating a fact that you have found a conspiracy out on the internet that you shared here. It comes across as an effort to make others appear as uninformed suckers with you being the informed person who can show the folly of other's thinking.

It was pointed out to you that the picture was BS. Then you ask, "So why are they using training exercise pictures? Why can't they use a real picture from the conflict?" Sorting out those issues is the responsibility of the person making the post. Post such stuff at your own risk.

I'm not interested in posts like that being here and distracting from valuable conversation.

The videos I toasted from @Washington Hunter posts are from comedians and talk show hosts who know nothing of the topics they opine on. But, to their credit, these talking heads have made money convincing people that somehow they should be believed. That's not me arbitrating anything; it's stating a fact. They know nothing of Ukraine and Russian, but they make a living convincing people they do. Again, acting like their is some inside circle of informed folks and those sharing these videos are part of the informed insider circle, while the rest of the world is a bunch of uninformed dolts. I can see through it and I'm not going to have it on a thread that members find worthwhile.

I don't spend money on these platforms to have them used like FB. If that is what people want to do, fine, Mark Zuckerberg is happy to give them a free account, maybe take some of their money, and surely build a profile around their web activities so he can sell that profile to advertisers who want to impose on our time and privacy.

Again, acting like their is some inside circle of informed folks and those sharing these videos are part of the informed insider circle, while the rest of the world is a bunch of uninformed dolts.
This is the rub.

Present heterodoxy as inherent proof of honesty
Engender deeper trust through peer pressure and tribalism
Circle the wagons
Farm regular viewers for data

Be careful who you let into your minds!

It is interesting to watch a country that has tasted freedom for only three decades express that they would rather die than live under the rule of Putin and Russia who would likely kill many of them and ruin the lives of those who did survive
This is what I think about when I see people from here (self-included) consider telling the Ukrainians that they should just allow Mother Russia to "liberate" the eastern regions of their country.
To those who've traveled to a Totalitarian or Authoritarian country, I think we'd all agree the air is much sweeter when you get to breathe freedom.

If by chance your concern is with China, then the Yuan or Renminbi is the currency in question.
Yen. Intended Yuan. Google has a tendency to swap words. Chinese is the intention, as i mentioned able to hold our economy hostage. Phone screen for typing is a fleeting size compared to desktop. I work the currency (forex) market and Yen's are a fun $ play. Google tends to flip words I use more than others and assumes other more frequently used words were intended. You use Google? I'm sure others can vouch this occurs for them as well, if not yourself. :)

1. To jump from my post to a political gun control rant is inexcusable, Sytes ... as well as a poorly contrived stretch.
2. I have no followers. My opinions, which you oft poorly misconstrue, are mine and rarely "followed" by others.
3. As a military veteran with thirty-some years of service and two trips to the combat zone ... don't preach to me about patriotism!
4. Either get back on topic or stand down!

"Pom pom" is directly related to our back and forth humored posts, of which you gave a fancy blue thumb for our last humored back and forth jest over my use of a well established tribal mentality on HT, aka pom pom followers. This is humor as it has been between you and I.

It's as though Russia has forgotten the rag-tag poorly armed Afghanistan gang that drove them crazy for years, then drove them right out of the country. It was a costly lesson for Russia.
Yet here they are again, attempting to do the same with civilians who are armed. These are not roll overs such as would be the case if we lived in a Gifford world.

This is no jump... haha! This is a perfect fitting puzzle piece to fit into a gun control post. It's right on par w/ Ukraine's current setting as Russia attempts to pounce on a country whom authorizes its citizens to possess assault type "non full automatic" firearms.
THIS has paid off in dividends for Ukraine. Whether it holds off while we play "sanctions" with Putin is another story, at least they're fighting back.
Lots may be shared when viewed from our current Giffords of our country, as mentioned who share desires to outlaw the same semi auto AR / M4 type rifles and regulate bb guns.

I'd say you have poorly misconstrued many of my posts to the point of others sharing your own political posts while viewing my own as out of line... on a few occasions so pardon my dismissal of your hypocrisy. I'd be happy to quote a few, if you'd like?

As for preaching to you about patriotism - farthest from my intent, I've always respected you for your time spent in 'Nam as a Huey pilot, as my father, infantry wounded and my uncle who died in that jungle... not much more to say.

Here's the deal, while I may shoot a pm your way when wondering what the hell you were stating, you desire to air it out here... difference in our mannerisms, I suppose.

Viewing my post I could / should have placed a line to define where content in response towards your post / view of Russia vs Afghanistan - Russia vs Ukraine, and my concerns for how we are currently witnessing war <insert line> how our nation is turning to snowflakes and lack of that Theodore Roosevelt vision of patriotism.

Best to you, SA. 100% respect towards your sacrifice for our country. In fact you could go to our most RECENT PM exchange and see my respect for your service.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJS4KIDS
Back