PEAX Equipment

UK stag shed antlers

devon deer

Hi Chaps,
I had a bit of a find yesterday, i have seen this stag all season, i even had my cross hairs on him once when he was in velvet, i saw him again with 7 other stags a few weeks ago when i took one of his friends.
So i was with another hunter friend yesterday and saw the first cast antler, and within a 100 yards found the other!

Cheers
Richard

Awesome find!

Is there a market for them over there? Do guys actively look for them?

Awesome find!

Is there a market for them over there? Do guys actively look for them?
We don't go out looking for them as a general rule, but there are a few that are fanatical about shed hunting on an area near me called Exmoor National Park where there are a good population of red deer.
The only market i can find is via ebay, but i think i will keep them, or as suggested get a knife made, especially as i lost my treasured Buck knife this year.
Cheers
Richard

WOW! Great find!

On note of knives... I made elk antler handle knives for my groomsmen back whenever. However, those were made from raghorn antlers. They worked out great! Even made a letter opener for one concrete jungle friend. I felt bad busting off the handles of some knives to replace with the antlers though the end result turned out great! Oh, except for the next week or two trying to get the gorilla glue off my hands... Haha!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back