Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Typical sheep hunt

I don't give a shizz about that flip flop, road hunt, however I will chime in and say, you boys can have all that 15 mile backpack in stuff you want .... this boy will take a pass. I'll jump on a horse, or super cub in to some good country and kill my sheep with a bit less effort and leave the pack mule stuff to the younger guys.

"Hey Hondo, do you think the guy broke any of the Idaho hunting regulations? If so, which ones?"

With all the crying and beaching, I think there must be a law against those stinking flip flops.:D

Jose, who's to say? I wasn't there, we are reading a story that somebody has written about their sheep hunt. Maybe the guy was on the road or the shoulder of the road when he shot the ram, in which case he may have broken the law, it depends on whether or not that road is maintained by a state agency. He states that he climbed the hill "a little ways" from the road. As long as he wasn't on the road, the shoulder, or the embankment of the road, he was legal. Maybe he didn't watch the video before his hunt, maybe he didn't have his archery stamp, who knows. My point is that you are negating his story because you don't agree with the way it was done.

As I read his story I had to chuckle. You do not often associate phrases such as sandals, lodge with a bed and shower, or I finally climbed out and back to my truck, with sheep hunting. It does seem weird that he "prepared for months" and that he read Cameron Hanes book on backcountry hunting before the hunt. It sounds to me like he planned on hunting around the river road the entire time, why else after the first day of the hunt would he retreat to a lodge. To each their own. I would never hunt like this, but that is me. I don' t respect the way he harvested this animal, but he doesn't appear to have broken any laws.

I think this is a guy who is fairly new to hunting or has not hunted very much, just because he chooses to do it differently than I would, I will not judge him.

Jose, I see where you're going with this. Are you going to base your argument on the fact that he was driving when he spotted the rams?

I can't say anything bad about the guy. He put in the work the day before and wasn't afraid to pack in, just got weathered out of the back country. Opportunity knocks, he took it. I can't say that I blame him.

sreekers said:
I can't say anything bad about the guy. He put in the work the day before and wasn't afraid to pack in, just got weathered out of the back country. Opportunity knocks, he took it. I can't say that I blame him.

...sometimes ya gotta work from the punchline back to the opening statement. Cellphones, lodges, unlikely apparel, workout regimen..the whole ball of wax....& boil it all down...Gunner isn't a dumbass.

"Damn, I NEVER ( I mean Never) agree with Gunner but....."

NHY, I can't believe you would turn to the dark side. I guess it's just me and Acon left fighting for truth,justice and the American way!

What can you expect from a guy from Texas?:D

pa mt man said:
"Damn, I NEVER ( I mean Never) agree with Gunner but....."

NHY, I can't believe you would turn to the dark side. I guess it's just me and Acon left fighting for truth,justice and the American way!

What can you expect from a guy from Texas?:D

....I wrote that? Must have had 'demasiado cerveza'.:D

I replied..... MAybe Becasue My feet till hurt from our hunt it might come out wrong but I think it's cool that he got one.....

I'm uhhhhhh.....Well I ...uhhhhhh... I'll just say "Congrats". I drove by were you were hunting on the way to a buddies sheep hunt. I saw the Ewes and Lambs eating out of a guys field too ;)

Ram by the road ? Lodge ? Flip Flops ? Huhhhh.... Who'd of thought. At least you put on the Camo and Boots for the picture :)

LOL....i dont think he will take it as a complement.
that aught to cause the pantys to rise up a bit.

If I meant it to be malice I would have said " drove by were you were hunting on the way to a "real" sheep hunt." ;)

I think it's COOL, in away. I'm not the firm believer like Buzz and a few others that you have to hike a Bazzillion miles or far at all before you kill something but I know that if T-bone would have seen that Ram he would have walked from it. 100% sure !! I do , However, know EXACTLY what Buzz is saying and I think people either "GET IT" or don't. Sounded like he trained and was ready for a "Backpack" experience ... although he was "camping" out of a lodge ;)

Let's jsut say I'm guessing I'm not the only one to think what I posted but jsut Guys on MM are PUSSIES and even if someone thought it they'd never say anything. Unlike here.. ;)

Anyways, It's not for me to Judge and I think it's Tough even to shoot one of the "Idaho Road sheep" (we call them here because they frequent the roads and aren't varry skidish of people) would still be a feat.... Maybe ?

A hunt is about the Hunter being happy and if he had a good time he's entitled to that for sure !! ( Hell, I've Wacked some Goats behind a Fence before for fun so I shouldn't judge :p ).

Let's jsut say I'm guessing I'm not the only one to think what I posted but jsut Guys on MM are PUSSIES and even if someone thought it they'd never say anything. Unlike here..

hope you dont mind,.....i posted this qoute of yours over at MM :D

HAHAHA !!! Made me look, U 1 Funny SOB cough*asshole*cough* !!! :D

I wouldn't have minded the calling mm.com Posters Pussies because they ARE, and I've done that before... but don't reference "here". They always think I'm trying to get those guys to Come over.. Truth is, All the Cool ones are already here :D

HAHAHA !!! Made me look, U 1 Funny SOB cough*asshole*cough* !!!

lol....wouldnt do that to ya.
you stir up enough shit on your own...........you dont need my help. ;)

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T_allen7
Back