Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Turkeys beware..

Bwana

...around the Bwana Boys when they are armed.

Finally got a chance to get our turkey hunting yesterday and took full advantage of the nice weather. Although it was more then a little tough getting out of bed with only 4 hours of sleep because of the Billy Currington/Sugarland Concert the night before, I am glad I did.

As we were heading to our planned calling location I noticed some birds roosting in another location so Plan A was scrapped for Plan B.

I hurriedly set out decoys while the boys got ready and then I started calling once we were settled in. When the first bird down landed in our field I figured things were looking good. A short time later he was joined by the remainder of the flock after which one bird decided he wanted to get to the ladies first and headed towards us at a dead run with the rest of the bunch in tow a short ways behind.

Thought the lead bird was going to run past us but a bit of calling brought him turned him and another bird towards our position. Told the boys which bird to aim for and counted to 3 and just like that we had two birds down.
4584.jpg

After some picture taking it was back to Plan A. We had to walk in about a half mile to get to where I wanted to call and had to go around this bunch to get there. Next time I talk to ALL the landowners in the area I plan to hunt.
4585.jpg

Nothing to show at that spot so I spoke with the landowner on whose property the above turkeys were found and he gave me permission so the hunt was on. It took a bit of sneaking and 100+ yards of crawling on my hands and knees through river mud but things turned out just fine.
4586.jpg

Now all that's left is to get the Missus out there to get her a bird.

Man I love this spring turkey hunting!

Bwana,

That looks like a memorable morning. Your boys are lethal! Nothing better than the old "one, two, three, BOOM!" I like the pic with mud on your shotgun! Make sure to post pics of the bird your missus gets.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back