Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

turkey lurkin

Mudranger1

My 8yr old son and I had a oppurtunity to head into the mountains yesterday after I got off work. Mom forogt his camo. I almost decided to take it to the house after being up since 2am but you can't kill one from the couch and its good to get out with just him. So off we went, me in my work clothes him in his shorts. We walked around a bit with no responses so I figured I would ease up on him and just let him play around as we walked. He was bouncin off rocks and playin luke skywalker with a 6ft "walking stick" as he called it. Anyways after walking a couple miles we were heading thru this big meadow just relaxin and having a good time when I spotted a small 6pt shed. A few minutes after that he decided he wanted to try out my box and was making some god awful noises on it. After giving a few lessons he was done and hit a few times just to make sure it could produce a real sound. BAM! a gobble rings back from right inside the timber followed by a few yelps. Now here we were in the middle of this 200 yard wide field with our first Colorado turkey gobbling at us. Long story short I think he was running and gobbling at the same as we could never catch up with him but an awesome time to say the least. Didn't help the wind picked up and we couldn't quite zero inon his last few gobbles but we had fun. If only it were as easy as some on here make it :)

Back