Truck throwing weird code

My '13 Silverado will throw weird codes too. Although not that wired. I had a cylinder missfire/failure and it was throwing a code about my antilock brakes and a second one about traction control. Fixed the missfire and no more ABS codes 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

My brother in law has a 15 that has thrown all kinds of strange codes (why I don’t drive Chevy 😂) we put plugs, a battery and new alternator in the last couple weeks and it’s stopped for now

My '13 Silverado will throw weird codes too. Although not that wired. I had a cylinder missfire/failure and it was throwing a code about my antilock brakes and a second one about traction control. Fixed the missfire and no more ABS codes 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
I believe that’s a generic fault indication

My ‘12 chevy would alert me about traction control when I put in an aftermarket intake. Once I replaced the oxygen sensor, it went a way.

My 2014 Silverado, shuts off and throws a code that says roll down drivers winDow to restart, runs for awhile then repeat process , usually @ a stop light or drive through.
weird
Have you by chance been drinking a lot of beer and eating taco bell? Or overdosing on whey protein?

Sounds like it may be time to change the ECM ($$$$$!). Disconnect the battery for twenty minutes then start it up. Service engine light hopefully disappears. If it comes back on again down the road, check the code. If it throws out a different code then your ECM is acting up.

My 17 Chevy threw the same code, while elk hunting last fall. It was caused by low voltage on the battery,I'm fairly certain. I had left the truck connected to the horse trailer. The trailer has a short that slowly drains the battery. I should have known better as it's happened before.

So, my guess is your battery is maybe not holding a charge or your alternator is not properly charging the battery.

That's my 2 cents, my truck has not thrown the code since getting the battery charged up after jumping the truck and driving it home.

Low battery voltage can cause all sorts of weird issues and codes. Most any auto parts store will test your battery for free.

My BIL has a 1999 chevy 2500 and the dash looks like a lit christmas tree. He said thats what chevys do lol. He is a mechanic which is even funnier.

My 2014 Silverado, shuts off and throws a code that says roll down drivers winDow to restart, runs for awhile then repeat process , usually @ a stop light or drive through.
weird

You know, Some programmer coked up on meth wrote that and some other programmer coked up on meth code reviewed and OK'ed that change. Chevrolet needs to let their programmers go home and sleep once in awhile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzog
Back