Toxic broadheads

Elkchaser12

I was just wondering what everybody's thoughts are on these broadheads I personally haven't had exposure to them, but I do have a friend that I was hunting with over the weekend who drew a pretty good archery bull tag so he asked me to tag along as meathauler/caller but long story short opening morning we were right into bulls and I was able to call a nice 6 point right into his lap at 32 yards shot was very slightly quartering towards and he was able to put his arrow right behind his front shoulder right in the money hole so just like you would normally do you have the celebritory high fives the arrow buried up to the fletchings as I was recording the hunt and able to watch back the footage so not really worried about the arrow staying inside of the bull we waited about 45 minutes and walked up to where the bull was standing and had good blood for about 80 yards and than it just stopped and we were following prints and we never found the bull we looked for two full days, but never found the bull we also had 4 other guys come up to help look so between 6 people and 2 days we were never able to recover the bull so I question if it was the broadhead or if the bull bled internally? It makes me stick to my stomach knowing that bull is dead somewhere on the mountain so what do you guys think?

Bummer. Had to look them up to see what your talking about. Just from a quick glance it looks like this broadhead would plug up with hair/flesh and rib bone too easily. A good elk broadhead has to be able to punch a rib and keep on trucking. I shoot g5 Montecs or nap hell razors.

better hope they are razor sharp out of the box...there would be zero chance of sharpening those. shoot once and throw away...

I've never been a fan of his products. I feel like most of his products start with the "cool factor" and then consider function. Don't know anybody that's used them though.

Dumbest head on the market.

I had never seen one until I googled them just now.

It's just like the old saying about selling fishing lures...They don't need to catch fish, just fishermen.

Those heads aren't designed to kill an elk, they are designed to make hunters whip out their wallets.

Just from a quick glance it looks like this broadhead would plug up with hair/flesh and rib bone too easily. A good elk broadhead has to be able to punch a rib and keep on trucking.

I think this analysis is spot on here. I asked my friend who is manager of an archery shop and they don't even carry them. He said to avoid them like the plague. I looked into them simply because of the aerodynamic appeal….but I'm into shooting elk….not draining colored water from jugs. Hell a field point would eventually drain the colored water from those milk jugs.

Yeah I personally don't agree with the design I think it's the cool factor for sure I personally shoot trophy taker shuttle t locks and have never had a problem killing an elk with them

I personally shoot trophy taker shuttle t locks and have never had a problem killing an elk with them

Hands down my favorite head. I haven't shot every head out there but I've tried quite a few and for my money these are the ones.

That sucks. I have no experience with these broadheads but not sure I'd be too quick to blame the broadhead in this case. My personal opinion, based on a few experiences, is that a "slightly quartering" shot almost always is more quartering than the shooter thinks. The hit looked awesome right behind the shoulder. But the hit only got the back of one lung before going into the gut. Those hits plug up fast and don't bleed out much and can result in an elk living for a while and, if bumped, going a long ways.

Not impressed. I agree with wingman, I like the g5 montecs.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back