Too many bulls getting killed?

devon deer

TLC posted up a thread on why you (can't include myself in that statement,yet) go bow hunting and an associated video.
http://vimeo.com/69317899
The old guys comment at 2;42 interested me, could too many bulls/trophy bulls be killed?
There are hunters over in the UK that get a red haze in their vision this time of year, the stags give away their position and get hammered before they can serve the hinds, we are getting fewer and fewer stags to serve all the hinds, and i have noticed the hinds dropping the calves really late, sadly they struggle to make it through the winter.
I appreciate we are poles apart from hunting in the US compared to the UK where all hunting is on private, and i expect that is the difference, we don't have limits on how many we can kill, just wondered what is everyone's opinion on this?
Cheers
Richard

DD, I chase Reds here in Australia, and in our situation I wholeheartedly agree with you. They are not native here, which I believe has an impact on herd numbers. Not sure about being shot too early, as the genetics are still there, but probably too many are shot in good areas each roar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back