Tires again…I know

@Trial153 I'm curious to hear how you mounted your spare spare to the Diamond Back cover. I'm wanting/needing to get a second spare and also have the DB cover. And....thanks for taking action with Toyota. That's very cool that they responded the way they did. I believe more folks would do such things if we didn't expect to be completely ignored. Lesson learned. Silent no more!!

To everyone: this was an awesome thread. I'll be buying new tires before hunting season and this was a huge help. Happy hunting!

@Trial153 I'm curious to hear how you mounted your spare spare to the Diamond Back cover. I'm wanting/needing to get a second spare and also have the DB cover. And....thanks for taking action with Toyota. That's very cool that they responded the way they did. I believe more folks would do such things if we didn't expect to be completely ignored. Lesson learned. Silent no more!!

To everyone: this was an awesome thread. I'll be buying new tires before hunting season and this was a huge help. Happy hunting!

Attachments

• 47350B1C-B6AB-40EA-A750-83BE9A5FB237.jpeg
    47350B1C-B6AB-40EA-A750-83BE9A5FB237.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 12

The mount I bought was from Fabtech.

I took the bed mount and mounted it to the underside of the cover. I drilled and installed the mount on the outside as template. Then I swapped it to the inside. I siliconed the mount then attached it. I spayed it will black flex seal on the inside and also the outside bolt heads. When the tire isn’t mounted on the cover, I place a rubber plug in the hole and it fits flush to the cover. Mount bar has a hole drilled in it so you can slip a lock on it and it’s inside the locked cover. The Rod only comes down an inch passed the mount so you still have full under-storage capacity.
You can’t even see it when a tire isn’t mounted on it.
This was the cleanest system I could come up with that was still secure. This was important to me because my wife thinks the tire on the top looks douchey lol so I only keep it on for hunting and fishing trips….

Appreciated the info and thoughts in this thread!

For my 2010 lifted tundra I just bought goodyear Ultra Terrain AT 275 70 R18 to replace 7 year old duratracs that a
were worn out with about 45k miles. We shall see how they perform.

Last edited:
I use to run BFG's but have switched to the Nittos, on the second set now, very happy with them.

Back