PEAX Equipment

Three-hour antelope

sbhooper

Here is the pic of my Nebraska antelope, that I shot yesterday after a grueling three-hour hunt.:cool:

We glassed several antelope from about a mile away and they were headed toward an irrigated pivot. We circumvented the pivot, drove over a small rise and he was about 160 yards or so right in front of us.

The 139-grain Hornady from my 7 mag finished the job with a nice, neat hole through the lungs.

We spent the rest of the day sight seeing and visiting people in the area that we knew. This was the largest buck that we saw the entire day of looking around. I rough scored him at around 74. He is the only buck that I have ever shot that has that much curl in his horns.

This was an easy hunt, but I do not have any problem with an easy one once-in-a-while, after some of the marathon hunts that I have done over the years.

My buddy and I call that "cashing in a coupon"! Just like you state you have had some marathon chases and adventures. Once in a while it's nice to have one of these!

Nothing wrong with taking it easy from time to time. Sounds like you had fun, connected with good people and got a good buck out of the day. Win win if you ask me.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back