Thoughts on this shot? - Tim Wells

He's a tool. Bad for bowhunting. As mentioned above, think of how many shots/hunts ended up with wounded animals due to lobbing arrows, darts, spears, etc.
And let's not forget about his life-partner.....keep in mind, he intentionally spends time with this:

View attachment 205988
Screenshot_20211220-154203_Chrome.jpg
Here's Montanas newest FWP Region 2 commissioner holding the same company

By the look on his face she may be holding more than his company………
75160217.jpg

It's funny that these kinda clowns think that just everybody is so stupid to not know they lost all the meat. They sat around doing all the filming and chatting and not a knife to that bull. They can't even lift it's head due to complete rigor mortis, with the guts in. They lost 100% of the meat.
agreed that meat was wasted. the night he shot it he said it was cold enough, which of course it was not. Look at them the next morning no warm clothes at all and no frost.

agreed that meat was wasted. the night he shot it he said it was cold enough, which of course it was not. Look at them the next morning no warm clothes at all and no frost.
Even in subzero temps you leave a elk whole overnight, you're going to lose at least half the meat if if you jump right on it and take the meat on top side off. They lost 100% of that thing, and were too busy acting/promoting stupidity to give a crap.

Even in subzero temps you leave a elk whole overnight, you're going to lose at least half the meat if if you jump right on it and take the meat on top side off. They lost 100% of that thing, and were too busy acting/promoting stupidity to give a crap.
What is this the 80’s? Hunting is about antlers, kewl kill shots, hot babes, and likes. #getwiththetimesbrosef

Seriously though people in Nebraska load elk in the back of their trucks like deer and drive them around for an entire day. Seen several hung like deer with hide still on in above freezing temps. Makes me sick that they don’t know what they are wasting.

Even in subzero?

Even in subzero?
I’ve helped with one left overnight. It was shot right at dark, recovered early the next morning. Temps when we left the truck for recovery were -2. Smelliest elk I’ve ever been around when it was gutted. If I remember correctly about half was lost. As cold as it was much of the meat still had warmth in it at recovery

He's a tool. Bad for bowhunting. As mentioned above, think of how many shots/hunts ended up with wounded animals due to lobbing arrows, darts, spears, etc.
And let's not forget about his life-partner.....keep in mind, he intentionally spends time with this:

View attachment 205988
I need to know more about what is happening here.

I don't have to go outside to check the weather... I know winter is here when threads like this hit 4 pages by the afternoon :ROFLMAO: I love HuntTalk when season winds down. It's always good for a laugh

Has anyone left an elk overnight and not lost ~1/2?
I have been a part of one elk that was left overnight after an evening shot from my friend. Not intentionally to let it sit but rather we could not find it in the dark. Next morning we found the bull 20 yards from the last place we ended the prior night. The bull had for sure been dead the evening before. Late October, Wyo. Cold nighttime temps but warmer than subzero. We packed all of that bull off the mountain. Not any of it that I thought was rotten. Not entirely sure what friend did with it all as he took it but if I had cut it up nothing would have gone to waste.

Has anyone left an elk overnight and not lost ~1/2?
I have seen 1 where we only lost meat around the hip sockets and pelvis. It was souring from the pelvis into the rear qtr. Shot at last light bumped in the dark and lived for at least part of the night. Moved onto private and died. Recovered at sunrise when we could get permission. It was very cold I want to say sub zero.
December bull tag drawn by another HT member.

Back