Yeti GOBOX Collection

This year's line up?

:( My set up this year will be my Hoyt bow, didn't draw any rifle tags. Next year I hope to use my new setup, Browning X-Bolt in 7MM Remington topped with a Leupold VX3 4.5-14X40 shooting HSM 168gr Berger Hunting VLD's.

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 468
Remington 700 BDL 7mm, VX2 6-18 CDS shooting 120gr TSX for antelope
Ruger M77 .300 WM, Swarovski Z3 3-10 shooting 165gr accubond for elk and deer.

Ruger No.1 45-70 with 350gr Hornady FP handloads, 4x Weaver
Tikka T3 Lite 7mm-08 with Barnes 140gr TSX, Nikon 2-7x
Marlin 336 .30-30 with 130gr Speer FP and Williams peep sight.
New CZ Upland Ultralight 12gauge.

Multiple bone spurs in right heel look to keep me out of the woods this year(can't climb or descend anything steep). So my new Sage VXP 9' 6wt and I will be hanging out this fall. Surgery planned for June 2015.

Last edited:
Ive got bear and wolf tags left and will carry my 257 weatherby vanguard topped with a pentax 3x9. Nothing fancy, but it's not shot anything but paper so far.

Son joins the fraternity with a new savage axisll in 243 that he saved his odd job mowing money for . Accutrigger and came with a scope that has a ton of eye relief. It was pretty accurate out of the box and i can put 100 gr partitions within an inch. I figure he'll be carrying it with bloody hands friday afternoon.

I sold my soul this season.

AF579929-F94B-4CBD-8D1B-6B2D4E2DC86D.jpg

.300 wsm model 70 coyote , 180 gr federal soft points for muleys and elk . .243 with 100 gr fed soft points for antelope and 22-250 with 55 gr soft points for yotes

just the one to rule all my hunting
a 264 caliber out of a 204 case with 27 grs of powder for 2600fps shooting a 125 partition
22 inch barrel plus suppressor

For me it's the trusty 1937 Winchester model 54 in .30-06. It's light, trim, and fast...fine for taking elk in the timber at an average 65 yards.

Topping it is a Leupold Alaskan 4x which has a 7/8" steel tube, a latter day upgrade of the classic Lyman Alaskan. It's a rock solid combo that shoots with minute-of-elk accuracy every year. This rifle has helped me take a lot of big game.

I do have a hankering for a modern rifle with modern optics, but I'm partial to the classic style and would choose a wood stocked lightweight in .30-06 with a gold ring above.

Last edited:
For me it's the trusty 1937 Winchester model 54 in .30-06. It's light, trim, and fast...fine for taking elk in the timber at an average 65 yards.

Topping it is a Leupold Alaskan 4x which has a steel 7/8" tube. A rock solid combo that shoots with minute-of-elk accuracy every year. This rifle has helped me and previous owners take a lot of big game.

I do have a hankering for a modern rifle with modern optics. But, I remain loyal to the classic style and would choose a wood stocked lightweight in .30-06 with a gold ring above.

Thats a beautifull gun...it looks like its in amazing shape for being nearly 80 years old.

Topping it is a Leupold Alaskan 4x which has a 7/8" steel tube, a latter day upgrade of the classic Lyman Alaskan. It's a rock solid combo that shoots with minute-of-elk accuracy every year. This rifle has helped me take a lot of big game.

I do have a hankering for a modern rifle with modern optics, but I'm partial to the classic style and would choose a wood stocked lightweight in .30-06 with a gold ring above.

You couldn't get better than that. Great rifle.

Thats a beautifull gun...it looks like its in amazing shape for being nearly 80 years old.

You couldn't get better than that. Great rifle.

Thanks, like any veteran hunting rifle the old girl has taken countless tumbles and falls but it's in remarkably good shape. The main limitation to the model 54 is the Mauser style flip-up safety which interferes with proper installation of a modern 1" or 30 mm scope (the ocular bell being too large to mount over the safety for correct eye relief and height). The 7/8" tube of the Alaskan works fine.

I really love the stock. It's much slimmer and lighter than the pre-64 model 70's.

I sold my soul this season.

AF579929-F94B-4CBD-8D1B-6B2D4E2DC86D.jpg

That makes me nervous...

I killed the Mountain Goat with Fin's earlier mentioned Howa. I'm using my Ruger MK II in 7mm rm with a 2-10 Minox ZA-3 for antelope, and elk, and if I get to deer hunting around here at all I'll be carrying my Ruger American .308 compact with a fixed 6 Weaver.

That makes me nervous...

I killed the Mountain Goat with Fin's earlier mentioned Howa. I'm using my Ruger MK II in 7mm rm with a 2-10 Minox ZA-3 for antelope, and elk, and if I get to deer hunting around here at all I'll be carrying my Ruger American .308 compact with a fixed 6 Weaver.

How do you think the Minox stacks up against a Leupold Vx-3? I like the 2-10 range a lot.

I forgot to add: JP Sauer Drilling in 12 x 2.5 & 9.3x74R. Figure I can hit a deer sized critter with it out to 200 yards and plug a couple of sharpies or pheasants while walking around.

My hunting is limited to a week or two of rifle hunting, so I usually only get to put one gun to work. This year it's going to be this Browning X-bolt in 300 WM that I won at our local RMEF banquet. Topped it with a 5-25 Swaro Z5. I head to CO in a little more than a week...hopefully it'll be magic on elk.

Back