Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Thinking about using my elk points in CO - Buffalo Peaks?

Jwill

GMU 49 This area pretty well fits where I'm at with my points. I drove past this hunt area on the way to my hunt this season and I liked the looks of it from what I saw. I've done some desktop scouting also. Seems to be a good quality area, good access, limited hunters. Anybody hunted here before or have any other advice? From what I can tell, my other options, without leaving too many points on the table, would be Archery in GMU 40 (more private, tougher access) or something in GMU 20 (front range, maybe hunting the RMNP boundary...). PM's and advice appreciated!

It is a great unit. I took two bulls from there over the years. There are very few hunters, as it is a limited hunt. There are elk all over, but if it is very warm, figure on going into the higher areas. I hunted it with a centerfire, so I can't give you much help on the bow hunt. On my last hunt, I parked my truck at the line of the Buffalo Peaks Wilderness-10,000 feet- and hunted up from there. Fabulous country.

The lack of hunters makes this a very high quality hunt in my book. I had an absolute ball both times. Once with a partner and the second time alone.

Got a friend that has a cabin up there. He sees most of the elk at or above timberline well into mid September. There are some good sheep up there and alot of goats also.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back