Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Things to do in San Diego?

schmalts

Going to just hang out here until the 26th and besides getting a rod from Wal-Mart and sit on a pier (going to do that) what else would you recommend?

Do you fly fish? There is some great inshore and offshore fly fishing in San Diego. There are boats you can charter to fly fish for mako sharks, which looks like tons of fun.

Eat real Mexican food and sushi. Go check out the wall and see how progress is coming.. lol..

The Mexican food in San Diego is the best in the country IMO. Pick any hole-in-the-wall and go, and I’d bet it’ll be light years better than anywhere in Wisconsin. Let me know if you want specific suggestions.

Go check out Point Loma, museums and zoo over at Balboa Park, mexican food, wineries out towards Escondido, etc...lots to do

My mother took my brother and I to visit her brother in San Diego when we were about 8 and 10 years old. Being a fairly devout Catholic she took us to just about every old mission and Church in the area. Very boring for young boys from the country. Mom left us to play in the court yard of one very old mission. To entertain ourselves we pried up the rocks in the walk way to see what types of neat bugs lived under them. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND DOING THAT. Did not work out well for us.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input. Im happy just to be in warm weather.
Headed to Arizona on the 26th .

Some of the things I enjoyed about San Diego as a young kid. The zoo, the beach, and watching the submarine leave the naval base.

Weather is fantastic in San Diego. I found the traffic to be abhorrent though. The folks who live there seem to not think much about it, and I'm sure there are other places that are worse, but I pretty much avoided driving as much as possible when I was there for training last year.

So what did you do? I've been there for a couple days every year in March or February since 2016.

Some of my favorites (for when this comes up in a search later)

Toured the Midway
Did a bay cruise (Boat tour)
Kayaked La Jolla
Took a hot blonde shopping
Dined on some great Seafood (Jakes of Del Mar, The Oceanaire)
Sea World with a 10 yo.
Ricardo's for Mexican Food. (They are all over)

Want to do :
Sunset Cliffs
Point Loma
Deep sea fishing

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back