Caribou Gear Tarp

Things have changed need help

Cdpp880

Me and 2 of my buddies had an elk hunt planned and plains have changed. On of my friends had a weird and unexpected hart problem that will no longer allow us to do that hunt. He has been recovering and making great progress but his DR does not want him doing anything strenuous above 8000'. The previous place we had plains for the truck would be parked at 8600 and everything would be up from there. He is exercising and doing really well but Dr wants him to stay below 8000. So now we are looking for and elk hunt or possibly a mule deer hunt somewhere below 8000'. We are looking for an over the counter hunt or left over cow tag hunt. I have looked into Wyoming and Colorado but don't know where to start. We have previously hunted Colorado and Utah. We would be willing to pay an access/trespass fee for a hunt also just cant be too high. If anyone would be willing to point me in a good direction we would be greatly appreciated.
I have some questions particularly about a few central Wyoming units if anyone is will to let me bend their ear

Couple quick options to consider that I’m aware of. There are some otc or leftover options in western CO for elk below 8000 north of grand junction.
Also could consider otc archery deer in Arizona. This could be later in the year and give more time for recovery.
I’m sure there are loads of fun opportunities out there.
Good luck with whatever you find!

^what Ben Said

-Otc Elk 3rd season
-Eastern CO offers some good mule deer hunts through the leftover list.
-The leftover list has been producing some decent elk tags, 3rd or 4th season , for some limited units

Reactions: LCH
Idaho has sold out on their non res OTC tags for 2019. if this was not so there are options for hunting as low as 3500 or even lower

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
240shooter
Back