There goes my...

ID_deerslayer

I have a lot on the plate right now and I am doing something that is unthinkable, Getting married at the beginning of hunting season. Not only am I committing this treason, I am also moving from Middleton, Idaho to Great Falls, Montana, trying to sell our home, starting a new job all in the next month. There goes my screen name too, as I can't be much of an Id deer slayer from Montana. I have a one week hunting season this year for elk as I am going on a week long archery hunt as my bachelor party and most likely will not make it back to idaho after my wedding the second weekend of September. God willing, I will harvest an animal to feed us this winter!
For any of you montana hunters in or near Great Falls, I am an excellent mule and willing to help pack out animals just to vicariously live out my hunting season through someone else's harvests!:)
Bring on the "are you stupid?" comments! :D

Sounds like multiple blessings to me. Good luck as applicable and best wishes.

Congrats!!

I sure can't condemn you for a fall wedding. I did the same thing the first time,...Nov. 17, right in the middle of the Iowa whitetail rut! It worked out fine and I surely wish I still could celebrate that date. Now I make that one of my days that I pack a sandwich and spend sunrise to sunset in the tree :) Don't worry about the date and enjoy the chaos, it will be a special fall that you will never forget. Best wishes!!

Not to worry about the wedding date; that's one day out of the season. Now, if you had your first child this past October (like myself) then that will definitely effect a hunting season.

Congrats on everything!

I got married many moons ago on opening day of archery deer in Wi. I did however go hunting the morning of the wedding. Spent 30th wedding anniversary in the Bob Marshall hunting elk. Very understanding wife.

This is a story I got from a hunting buddy yesterday....seems applicable.

A man brings his best buddy home for dinner unannounced at 5:30 after work. His wife screams at him as his friend listens in.

"My hair & makeup are not done, the house is a mess, the dishes are not done, I'm still in my pajamas and I can't be bothered with cooking tonight! What the hell did you bring him home for?"

"Because he's thinking about getting married."

Aug 25th ....BEFORE the hunting season.....I have a great wife , not that there are any but just try to eliminate any potential issues....kids birthdays...April and 2 in Aug. , well thought out...congrats and good luck.....:cool:

thanks guys, she is pretty understanding of of my hunting addiction. IDfishnhunt, we can shoot until sept 7th cause after that I'm gone! I have gotten permission to spend two days on the honey moon archery hunting deer so thats a real plus! we have already agreed to having children that are born in late spring and early summer, God willing that works out for us. :D

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back