The verdict is in on Zinke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great use of the internet, here. We can all take a few notes on how to look up and cite rigorous, peer-reviewed research from dukes_daddy. I can tell just from the name of the website that the primary goal of this report is to provide unbiased results with no agenda.

I have worked with many FS employees who do fantastic research to help the scientific community better understand the role of headwater streams and vulnerable habitats in salmonid migration and spawning behavior. I'm a little less than shocked to find that the folks at "downsizinggovernment.org" didn't include mention that in their critique. Use that google machine of yours to find a report that contains some data and facts. It should be fairly easy since all of the research conducted by federal employees is required to have open access, and the data be freely available to the public (all paid for by that budget referenced in your excerpt).

I am not against accountability. I AM completely against building arguments on the unwavering foundation of ignorance.

For Buzz and your benefit. If you look at the little numbers in the paragraph I posted, it links to the source for what is stated. The government (same one Buzz works for) has something called Government Accounting Office (GAO). Think of them as U.S. government CPA's. That paragraph and citations is their indictment of the Forest Service culture of waste and lack of accountability.

Here it is again so you don't need to backtrack - https://www.downsizinggovernment.org/agriculture/forest-service
The Forest Service's legacy of poor management continues today. A 2003 report by the Government Accountability Office (GAO) concluded: "Historically, the Forest Service has not been able to provide Congress or the public with a clear understanding of what the Forest Service's 30,000 employees accomplish with the approximately $5 billion the agency receives each year. Since 1990, the GAO has reported seven times on performance accountability weaknesses at the Forest Service."10 The agency's financial operations were on the GAO's "high-risk" list for waste between 1999 and 2005.11

Don't discount the website which pulls together the information. Not looking at the source to determine if it is credible, is ignorance my friend.

Labeling president Trump and secretary Zinke as anti sportsmen, public lands, and protection comes from bureaucrats, special interests and environmentalists. Secretary Zinke's recent recommendation to send Bears Ears back to congress for review was accepted by Utah's congressional and local elected officials. Zinke struck a reasonable balance with recommendations; native americans share management responsibility, some areas maintain protected status, other areas be returned to BLM management.

My verdict of Zinke is good leader who looks for collaboration, input and seeks to strike reasonable balance. That's good government.

dukes_daddy,

Once again...you show your ignorance.

A "snippet" from a GAO comment, with no context, cited by a flat earth Author like O'toole (from a 2003 report) trying to "prove", in the opinion of the Author, that the FS is poor at managing the land.

For starters, that's not what the citation says, or proves, at all. There is no reference in that citation that says the FS is, "continuing a legacy of poor management"...none.

It comes as no shock, that a public land hater from Utah like you, would use this in a feeble attempt to justify your hatred of our public lands...fools are easily duped.

What you provided is an opinion piece written by a flat earth author, funded by the Koch Brothers, with the same axe to grind as his handlers/funders.

And you fall for it...hook, line, sinker. Hilarious.

Only reason I know about it is that my neighbor is there right now. She also sells "Essential Oils" which has a very similar business model. Care to guess where it's HQ is???

Perfect fit for Utah; a multi level, sign up your friends, work from home company

Lol. "Some girl you went to high school with wants to sell you essential oils and It Works through their Ponzi scheme over Facebook"

Lol. "Some girl you went to high school with wants to sell you essential oils and It Works through their Ponzi scheme over Facebook"

That's funny. My neice sells these idiotic "essential oils" to gullible people quite often. They claim there is some kind of essential oil for almost any ailment you can think of. What a load of crap, and yes it is a pyramid scheme.

Yeah that essential oil thing is super bullshit. My wife had some Doterra samples and I swear the guide they sent listed some that claimed to help with autism and cancer. SMH.

Last edited:
Yeah that essential oil thing is super bullshit. My wife had some Doterra samples and I swear the guide they sent listed some that claimed to help with autism and cancer. SMH.

I wonder if they have any to help me draw a mtn goat or sheep tag?

That's funny. My niece sells these idiotic "essential oils" to gullible people quite often. They claim there is some kind of essential oil for almost any ailment you can think of. What a load of crap, and yes it is a pyramid scheme.

Humorous comment from a guy who quotes a Cree prophesy....

Thought I would share this opinion from Andrew Mckean at Outdoor Life. Nice to see him voicing support for National Monuments at an outlet that is pretty big in the hunting/fishing community. http://www.outdoorlife.com/an-open-letter-to-secretary-zinke

Also, it appears a house bill has been introduced to allow for expanded thinning and logging on federal lands (which I can support), but, as usual with politics these days, goes too far in delisting the Cascade-Siskiyou National Monument

Yeah me too. Does that mean Zach really believes in the essential oils crap? Maybe he just hates Native Americans.

Well considering beliefs and spiritual practices of native Americans, your comment about essential oils is ironic. Or do you actually believe rain dances work??? Do you believe in spirit visions??? If so, you might want to rethink your stance on essential oil gullible's. Because if essential oils being beneficial to someone is so "out there", some Cree philosophy might be right next to it in your eyes.

Fairly logical thought process.

Well considering beliefs and spiritual practices of native Americans, your comment about essential oils is ironic. Or do you actually believe rain dances work??? Do you believe in spirit visions??? If so, you might want to rethink your stance on essential oil gullible's. Because if essential oils being beneficial to someone is so "out there", some Cree philosophy might be right next to it in your eyes.

Fairly logical thought process.

Your logic is "out there" really out there. Why does it anger you? Are you one of those gullible people who got their money taken on a scam? The rain dances didn't work and neither do the idiotic oils.
The Cree prophecy is a true statement unless you can actually eat money we're in trouble because that is what the republicans are bent on doing to our country.

Last edited:
Your logic is "out there" really out there. Why does it anger you? Are you one of those gullible people who got their money taken on a scam? The rain dances didn't work and neither do the idiotic oils.
The Cree prophecy is a true statement unless you can actually eat money we're in trouble because that is what the republicans are bent on doing to our country.

Sounds like you're the angry one. If you'd stop worshiping Rachel Madow you'd probably be happier....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back