The Ruger Project

@Four22 that is fantastic! Great looking rifle and a great cartridge.

I am not setup to do all that myself and I am a little envious! I had a gentleman work a rifle for me here in North Pole and it is in 280 and I'm shooting 140 grain Nosler AccuBonds and it is performing similarly! Fantastic round and rifle - great job and so happy for you that it is shooting so well!!! Keep up the updates!

I have lady shooters in the house, so I'm torn between this and 6.5 PRC, which provides a great deal of bang for very little bite.
Don't overlook the 25-06, 257 Roberts and 257 Roberts AI!!

All 3 will "get the job done" with very modest recoil.

My daughter is extremely recoil shy, but will readily take my Ruger 77 MKII in 257 Roberts out shooting and hunting.
She took her first white tailed buck the other year using the 115gr Berger VLD.
My first buck, after 35 years of hunting, was taken with it using a 100gr Ballistic Tip.
And it's accounted for a few coyotes using the 90gr Sierra BlitzKings.

I built a 257 Roberts AI on a Savage 111 this year.
Was able to get hold of some 120gr Partitions from Shooters Pro Shop for use in it.
My daughter shot it & liked it, so maybe i'll get my Ruger back. Lol

Don't overlook the 25-06, 257 Roberts and 257 Roberts AI!!

All 3 will "get the job done" with very modest recoil.

My daughter is extremely recoil shy, but will readily take my Ruger 77 MKII in 257 Roberts out shooting and hunting.
She took her first white tailed buck the other year using the 115gr Berger VLD.
My first buck, after 35 years of hunting, was taken with it using a 100gr Ballistic Tip.
And it's accounted for a few coyotes using the 90gr Sierra BlitzKings.

I built a 257 Roberts AI on a Savage 111 this year.
Was able to get hold of some 120gr Partitions from Shooters Pro Shop for use in it.
My daughter shot it & liked it, so maybe i'll get my Ruger back. Lol
I have the exact 257 Bob Ruger you speak of. I'm not currently back into reloading so the 257 ai may present challenges in that arena. I hadn't really thought about going 257 ai, but a definite option and under rated

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back