Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

The hyper conservative conspiracy theory Facebook friend...

Huntin_GI

Hey team,

So I have a multitude of Facebook friends from over the years. Some of which appear to have gone off the deep end. Consitently posting troll bait headlines without much substance. As of recent, the conversation has been how "Feds take ranchers land" etc. I finally got to the point where saying something seemed appropriate.

Maybe you have someone on your feed who posts this nonsense. If so, have you said something. These are the types of people who post post post and post some more. Consider saying something to your friends maybe we can change the tides of these types of conversation.

Attached is a copy of what I sent my friend. Feel free to use and adjust it appropriately.

Hey bud,
How you been?

I notice you post a lot of federal land grab posts and just wondered if you had explored thoughts from the other perspective.

I'm a conservative and see a lot if this type of conversation taking place but this is an area I coverage from the toe to line conservatives.

I invite you to listen to some proponents of federal land acquisition. A recurring motif that will be noted is, federal land has cheaper grazing rights/timber use/etc. Federal also excercises a substaintially more relaxed approach to land use as opposed to land under state ownership.

I'll use Wyoming as an example. Zero camping is allowed on state owned land. Large swathes of land are unusable due to the fact that it is nonmotorized area and states deny camping rights. Also, I will add most states you see this in (western) were granted large amounts of land at statehood. Their state constitution's dictate this land must operate at a profit. If it doesnt, the state must sell it to the highest bidder.

Check out BackCountry Hunters and Anglers (BHA) for some more perspective on this side of the conversation. I think you will be surprised and may even lead you to reconsider how you feel about federal land.

In not making the argument federal land mgmt is perfect but it has been co silently demonstrated that federal land is more accessible/has cheaper land use fees/provides more opportunity for wild land exploration for future generations as opposed to state owned lands.

Hope all is well bud. Thanks for your time.

Also, some of my information may be a bit off so keep that in mind before using anything I said in a real debate

:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back