The Great Fat OFF!

schmalts

Been a while since we had one here. What is your goal, and what are you doing to get there? I just can't lose that 15 pounds of winter weight this year. Must be age, beer, food, or all of the them.
Really though i think it is a lack of the longer workouts and bike rides.

Last edited:
Started P90X June 4th, have lost seven pounds so far. Also walking 3-4 miles twice a week with a 40lb pack and my new Kenetrecks. Does anybody use a heart rate monitor? What's a good one? Trying to loss another 15-17Lbs by the end of September.

I hit the weights every other day and compliment that with cardio approximately 3 times a week....cardio has lately consisted of walking the bleachers at the local football field with my pack/40lbs of weight.

I am planning on losing at least 20lbs by August 26th the opener of my elk season. Started Thursday last week and down 2lbs so far. We shall see what happens.

I'm in the need to lose 20 club also, so far working out 3 times a week for 2 hours and I have gained a pound. But my pants fit again, I am hoping that is progress?

I've got about 3/4 of a pound to lose. I'm hoping hanging with the mtn goats this summer will take care of that.

I'm walking an additional 8 miles per week. I wear my pack for an hour or so every day but it only weighs about 30 lbs. My diet is MUCH healthier lately and I have managed to drop a total of 11 lbs in 2 months. I know it's not much but I am heading in the right direction. I have a 7 day hike in Alaska planned for the end of August-wanna be ready.

Dropped 9 lbs in three months. Down to 191 lbs. Cut back on portions of food, more active outside, 5K runs and walks, eat fresh veges out of the garden.

good luck to all
the dog

I need to lose 100#s, but realize that you don't get as fat as I am by living right, so I'm hoping for a more reasonable amount and timeframe. My hunting this fall will be limited to Indiana, but I may be able to make it to Idaho to help a pard with a sheep tag (I'm better luck for him than any rabbits foot...). So, right now I'm sorta ignoring the scale, due in large part to the viscious cycle that Fat Bastard Talked about, and trying to focus on just getting in better shape. Right now I'm doing crossfit with a group at the YMCA M-W-F with some step-mill and rowiing on T-Th. I may rest on T or Th if I'm too sore from the day before. Been pretty good about getting my workouts in and have averaged 4 days/week for the last two months. I was working out about that many times/week prior doing my own thing to get into shape to workout with the group. I'm in better shape and definitely getting stronger. Now the hardest part for me is my diet...

I do pretty good for breakfast and lunch as I'm a creature of habit and cheap so I almost always bring lunch to work. Dinners aren't too bad for what I eat, I just eat too much and then get bored and start snacking after the kids are asleep. Then there's the weekends...I kid myself by saying I can be free with my diet on the weekends because I do better during the week. Likewise, our neighborhood has quite a few couples that are very social which leads me to drinking way too much beer on the weekend! Between now and August I'm hoping to work on that aspect now that I have made workouts a part of my routine. We'll see, but I don't have a whole lot of hope for me as you don't get this fat by having a lot of willpower! For me that's the hardest part, just making healthy decisions a part of the routine.

PS- I can lose Greenhorn's 3/4 pound by just taking off my belt!! :D

I do pretty good for breakfast and lunch as I'm a creature of habit and cheap so I almost always bring lunch to work. Dinners aren't too bad for what I eat, I just eat too much and then get bored and start snacking after the kids are asleep. Then there's the weekends...I kid myself by saying I can be free with my diet on the weekends because I do better during the week.

I found my long lost brother. This is my eating story in a nutshell

I'm in 1_pointer's situation also. Losing 100# would be a great but nearly impossible. My lady friend and I love to socialize...often multiple nights per week. We're not drinking light beer either!

I have the P90X system and did one round last spring that took about 30lbs off and I've managed to gain back about 10 since then. I think if I could do a round or so of P90X I think I'll be sitting pretty good but still in the "Big Cuddly Bear" state that my girl enjoys.

Started losing about the 1st of February this year and have just passed the 60 pound lost mark. About 10 more pounds to go. Feels great and has made hiking the mountains a breeze!

well ive been smoke free for over a year now, been hitting the gym a lot trying to get 10 lbs more of muscle up to 165 being im 6'2" need a little more weight.....so lets get the fan on!

Right now I am 190 pounds and want to get below 180 (179.9 is below 180!). I have been running 5X per week for 1-3 miles. Not a long ways, but I am just starting. Deadline is my Idaho elk hunt Oct 13.

I am doing reasonably well with the diet....well that was until the wife made fresh peach crisp last night. As the smell from that heavenly creation reached my nose, suddenly the elk hunt didnt seem so important!

I need to lose 100#s, but realize that you don't get as fat as I am by living right, so I'm hoping for a more reasonable amount and timeframe. My hunting this fall will be limited to Indiana, but I may be able to make it to Idaho to help a pard with a sheep tag (I'm better luck for him than any rabbits foot...). So, right now I'm sorta ignoring the scale, due in large part to the viscious cycle that Fat Bastard Talked about, and trying to focus on just getting in better shape. Right now I'm doing crossfit with a group at the YMCA M-W-F with some step-mill and rowiing on T-Th. I may rest on T or Th if I'm too sore from the day before. Been pretty good about getting my workouts in and have averaged 4 days/week for the last two months. I was working out about that many times/week prior doing my own thing to get into shape to workout with the group. I'm in better shape and definitely getting stronger. Now the hardest part for me is my diet...

I do pretty good for breakfast and lunch as I'm a creature of habit and cheap so I almost always bring lunch to work. Dinners aren't too bad for what I eat, I just eat too much and then get bored and start snacking after the kids are asleep. Then there's the weekends...I kid myself by saying I can be free with my diet on the weekends because I do better during the week. Likewise, our neighborhood has quite a few couples that are very social which leads me to drinking way too much beer on the weekend! Between now and August I'm hoping to work on that aspect now that I have made workouts a part of my routine. We'll see, but I don't have a whole lot of hope for me as you don't get this fat by having a lot of willpower! For me that's the hardest part, just making healthy decisions a part of the routine.

PS- I can lose Greenhorn's 3/4 pound by just taking off my belt!! :D

don't worry 1-pointer. it's a midwest thing. gotta love those weekend cookouts and GT's. down about 10 pounds since the discussion about the elk hunting. and weaning off the smokes since the camel non-filters went up $10 bucks a carton, and the government here decided to raise the taxes on cigarettes $1 per pack. not spending the extra $20 to kill myself sooner. hello electronic cigarette.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gauravsingh
Back