The Devil's Lettuce

Dude, come on...be happy:

002086170.webp
Thought you'd be too busy talking about trying to fistfight that guy in Wyoming to post

It’s sold thru legal cartel growers here in the state then passed off as legit.

When it’s harvest time the state has no idea how many pounds a licensed plant grows. Some farms “grow” 2x to 3x what other area farms produce with the same or less permitted plants. By the time it’s made it to a dispensary it’s a legal product. Most of the product is grown in the US in easier to produce places then shipped via truck. It never goes thru customs. There is quite the monopoly that local farms are fighting against and loosing.

So don’t think for one min the pot you buy at a dispensary is any safer than the street corner as far as regulations and pesticide.

It’s no different than how money is laundered.
You also have Chinese grow operations. We've had 2-3 closed in the last 12 months here in Oklahoma. One by me was shutdown after one of the operators murdered a worker instead of paying him and was reported on by others who for obvious reasons feared for their lives. All Chinese nationals.

You also have Chinese grow operations. We've had 2-3 closed in the last 12 months here in Oklahoma. One by me was shutdown after one of the operators murdered a worker instead of paying him and was reported on by others who for obvious reasons feared for their lives. All Chinese nationals.
HR departments in China work a bit different than they do here...

Does not surprise me at all

One of the growers mentioned that a lot of it comes from Oklahoma and New Mexico so maybe it’s not all the cartels I thought it was.

Similar to many folks who came of age during Prohibition, I was pretty well indoctrinated through the anti-drug messaging of the 1990’s, which included MJ. I doubt I will ever turn the corner on the subject.

Objectively, I’ve seen many persons with medical conditions benefit from treatment with cannabis. On the recreational side, it seems more similar to nicotine - adds no value to anyone’s life, but limited and responsible use is relatively harmless.

Similar to many folks who came of age during Prohibition, I was pretty well indoctrinated through the anti-drug messaging of the 1990’s, which included MJ. I doubt I will ever turn the corner on the subject.

Objectively, I’ve seen many persons with medical conditions benefit from treatment with cannabis. On the recreational side, it seems more similar to nicotine - adds no value to anyone’s life, but limited and responsible use is relatively harmless.
Arent you a LEO? What has happened since legalization in other states and/or yours?

My only complaint is the odor of the stuff. Skunk weed is (was) a common used term to describe it. The smell nauseates me, and I have to leave the area. Cigarette smoke is close, but weed odor is really disgusting to me. I mean no harm by saying it, so those that disagree, please don't take it wrong. I can walk into an area where cigarette smoke is detectable, and it's really no bother, but if I walk into an area where someone has been smoking weed, it's almost like a brick wall hits me and it seems the odor takes forever to dissipate. I have never even smoked a cigarette so I suppose I'm sensitive to the smoke of both. I'm sure that not making it legal will not prevent anyone from lighting up. They probably smoke it pretty much whenever they want, they just have to be judicious in their surroundings. My .02 anyway.

Back when I was probably 12 or 13 I remember going to billings and we went to Target. We were walking down the aisle and I got hit with a very skunky odor. Being young and dumb I asked my mom where the trapping isle was in target because I needed some more trapping lure and could smell the skunk essence. Never did find the trapping isle

Arent you a LEO? What has happened since legalization in other states and/or yours?
I am not a sworn officer; I do work in public safety. Some observations “from the field” in IA:
-DA’s/ by and large no longer prosecute MJ-related crimes, with exceptions of offenses associated w/ other crimes (e.g. sex offenders luring or drugging children), and cooperation in multi-agency targeted operations - large-scale trafficking interdiction.
-CPS no longer takes weed use/possession/transfer as cause for opening a child welfare case, and it also generally will not prevent parents from reuniting from children removed from their custody.
-It gets a little more attention in juvenile justice d/t the deleterious health effects on teens’ brain development. Interventions overwhelmingly trend towards treatment over sanctions.
-Non-medical MJ use/possession/transfer is a parole/probation technical violation. However, judges will not revoke a person for MJ violations alone, even if there are dozens of these violations.
-Medical cannabis availability was widely expanded in 2017. It’s a popular program and not overly-difficult to qualify for.
-Prison and jail inmates have no legal way to obtain cannabis. Dried leaves are commonly smuggled into facilities. The traffickers/users in prison get hammered w/ sanctions, but the community collaborators get a rap on the wrist, at worst.
-I am not personally familiar w/ traffic stop protocols on MJ. However, on the prosecution side, impaired operation of a vehicle is heavily prosecuted, whereas possession of small quantities are basically ignored.

Back when I was probably 12 or 13 I remember going to billings and we went to Target. We were walking down the aisle and I got hit with a very skunky odor. Being young and dumb I asked my mom where the trapping isle was in target because I needed some more trapping lure and could smell the skunk essence. Never did find the trapping isle
A few years ago the postal inspector showed up at our shop because my coworker had sent about 10 oz of skunk essence to a trapping lure manufacturer in Mn. The inspector was all business when he arrived but had a good laugh when we opened the package and confirmed it was skunk essence.

5 of us on bikes in New Braunfels wisely took a taxi to dinner and libations. When we asked the driver about the odor he reached under his seat and produced a marijuana scented spray can. He was wearing shades when he picked us back up for the ride back to the hotel. I swear the whole damn Hill Country stayed lit...

A few years ago the postal inspector showed up at our shop because my coworker had sent about 10 oz of skunk essence to a trapping lure manufacturer in Mn. The inspector was all business when he arrived but had a good laugh when we opened the package and confirmed it was skunk essence.

Post office always calls me every year begging me to come in early and remove the stinking package I ordered

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back