Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

The Devil's Lettuce

Don't doubt that for a minute or that it's still being sold on the black market. But the regulatory scheme in place for licensed dispensaries should help provide tools to ferret out the illegal dispensary buyers and growers
Billion dollar illegal businesses don’t just disappear because of legislation.

I have a friend who’s tracks gang activity in a state corrections intelligence type situation which leads to seeing cartel activity. He told me the cartels are strong and growing in this country. Cartels were targeting legal sale operations to shut them down. Intimidation, stealing of cash that can’t be deposited in banks and some deaths.

Billion dollar illegal businesses don’t just disappear because of legislation.

I have a friend who’s tracks gang activity in a state corrections intelligence type situation which leads to seeing cartel activity. He told me the cartels are strong and growing in this country. Cartels were targeting legal sale operations to shut them down. Intimidation, stealing of cash that can’t be deposited in banks and some deaths.
Interesting about the cartels. I'm wondering how much cartel influence we'll see in the next couple of decades in the US.

Ideally, we would cut off their revenue but Americans sure like their drugs...

Don't doubt that for a minute or that it's still being sold on the black market. But the regulatory scheme in place for licensed dispensaries should help provide tools to ferret out the illegal dispensary buyers and growers
It’s sold thru legal cartel growers here in the state then passed off as legit.

When it’s harvest time the state has no idea how many pounds a licensed plant grows. Some farms “grow” 2x to 3x what other area farms produce with the same or less permitted plants. By the time it’s made it to a dispensary it’s a legal product. Most of the product is grown in the US in easier to produce places then shipped via truck. It never goes thru customs. There is quite the monopoly that local farms are fighting against and loosing.

So don’t think for one min the pot you buy at a dispensary is any safer than the street corner as far as regulations and pesticide.

It’s no different than how money is laundered.

It’s sold thru legal cartel growers here in the state then passed off as legit.

When it’s harvest time the state has no idea how many pounds a licensed plant grows. Some farms “grow” 2x to 3x what other area farms produce with the same or less permitted plants. By the time it’s made it to a dispensary it’s a legal product. Most of the product is grown in the US in easier to produce places then shipped via truck. It never goes thru customs. There is quite the monopoly that local farms are fighting against and loosing.

So don’t think for one min the pot you buy at a dispensary is any safer than the street corner as far as regulations and pesticide.

It’s no different than how money is laundered.
pepe_silvia_meme_banner.jpg

Make fun of it if you want but I’ve been fighting this fight for about 2 years now. I’ve talked with many growers and almost all of them have a similar story. It used to be profitable and now the market is flooded. The investment they made of several million to get these farms going and now can barely make it. Some going under already. Others, like my neighbor, cutting every corner and breaking rules to try and stay afloat.

Make fun of it if you want but I’ve been fighting this fight for about 2 years now. I’ve talked with many growers and almost all of them have a similar story. It used to be profitable and now the market is flooded. The investment they made of several million to get these farms going and now can barely make it. Some going under already. Others, like my neighbor, cutting every corner and breaking rules to try and stay afloat.
A new industry leads to saturation of the market and big corporations bullying the little guy? Well I never

A new industry leads to saturation of the market and big corporations bullying the little guy? Well I never
Your analysis is a bit shallow Cheech.

It's a cartel engaged in money laundering, which secondarily damages legitimate/licensed agriculture businesses. This wouldn't be a simple case of economy of scale pushing out the little guy.

Seems like this process, while very bad for your neighbor, may solve your pot farm problem. The enemy of your enemy is your friend...

Your analysis is a bit shallow Cheech.

It's a cartel engaged in money laundering, which secondarily damages legitimate/licensed agriculture businesses. This wouldn't be a simple case of economy of scale pushing out the little guy.
According to you and like-minded conspiracy theorists it is.

My only complaint is the odor of the stuff. Skunk weed is (was) a common used term to describe it. The smell nauseates me, and I have to leave the area. Cigarette smoke is close, but weed odor is really disgusting to me. I mean no harm by saying it, so those that disagree, please don't take it wrong. I can walk into an area where cigarette smoke is detectable, and it's really no bother, but if I walk into an area where someone has been smoking weed, it's almost like a brick wall hits me and it seems the odor takes forever to dissipate. I have never even smoked a cigarette so I suppose I'm sensitive to the smoke of both. I'm sure that not making it legal will not prevent anyone from lighting up. They probably smoke it pretty much whenever they want, they just have to be judicious in their surroundings. My .02 anyway.

You know, this thread was a lot more fun when people were just talking about the ad or their personal opinions on it in hunting camp, or in general, now all the Fudds and boomers showed up talking about grow up takeovers by the cartels and and how their friends in 'super secret surveillance units' told them about. Read the room, get the stick out of your butt, boy howdy...

You know, this thread was a lot more fun when people were just talking about the ad or their personal opinions on it in hunting camp, or in general, now all the Fudds and boomers showed up talking about grow up takeovers by the cartels and and how their friends in 'super secret surveillance units' told them about. Read the room, get the stick out of your butt, boy howdy...
Gen X arsehole.

You’re exhibit A that drugs cause brain damage.

You can complain about non existent conspiracy theories all you want but about two minutes of google will show you that 75% of the cannabis trade is illegal. Viva la Mexico!

If the Simms advertising was so great why did they pull it from the large amount of complaints they received? They were heading down the road to Bud Light.

Maybe your neighbor will go out of business.

giphy.gif

Back