Texas Pheasant!!

Well I have been lurking on the site for a while, and haven't ever really posted anything yet, but I figured that this would be a good hunt to share with everyone.

In keeping with the theme of the website On Your Own Adventures:

It is possible to still find landowners that will let you go out and hunt on their properties. This year I contacted several landowners around and just asked them if they ever let people hunt on their land. Some of them had it leased out but others were more than welcome to meet me and let my family and I hunt, and I even offered to help them out around the farm if they ever needed any. So there are still those people more than willing to let guys like me go out and enjoy the outdoors with my family, without the help of an outfitter or having to have an expensive lease. Anyways here are a few pics from opening weekend up in the Panhandle of Texas. There were four of us hunting, and we were just two shy of a limit. I think I walked my Grandpa's 70 year old legs just about off, but he is one heck of a trooper, and one tough man to boot. Also this is the first year to really take my black lab "Cabela" actually hunting with me, and she is one heck of a dog. I have raised her from a pup, and got more than I bargained for, as she is a pointer/retreiver as she even pointed a few birds for us this weekend. It was really a cool site to watch her work. Anyway enough chatting enjoy the pictures!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3590.jpg
    IMG_3590.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_3592.jpg
    IMG_3592.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_3594.jpg
    IMG_3594.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_3598.jpg
    IMG_3598.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 372
Nice pics and as the new guy soon as I figure this site out I will try and get some pics up also. I am in Aberdeen SD for a few days on pheasants and its + 14 above for a high.

Great hunt! Thanks for sharing the pics. Nice looking lab as well! Merry christmas to you and yours! Seems no coalsin the stocking from that hunt ...

Back