Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Teal Showed Up

jlmatthew

While driving to the rifle range this moring, I couldnt help but notice all the Teal in the area that werent around a week ago.

28 more days ;)

Used to have a lot of fun shooting the little rockets out at Sterling reservoir. My hunting buddy and I once fired three shots into a knot of about 35 and dropped five, His 9 month old Lab bitch was with us for the first time and about went nuts trying to figure out which one to retrieve first, but she brought all five in. He was one proud guy!

Teal are great fun......nudder young dawg story.....three of us covey shot a flock of at least 75....Ol Abe was 13 months....he had picked up three in his mouth on first trip out and was trying to get a 4th in with me yelling "no! here!" when one took off running acrost the water, half flying.....Abe dropped all the dead ones and took off after the wounded one.....took him around a hundred yds to catch it but he did. After that and to this day 8 years later, he automatically looks for and goes after wounded first and has only brought back more than one duck on a single trip a cuppla times.
Good thing FWS was not around----our nine covey shots had too much success....

It wont be long! Its all I have been thinking about with all the res geese flying around lately. Teal will keep you on your game for sure. Enjoyed the dog stories thanks.

I'll get out one morning here in the next week to pound on our 8 bird daily limit early honker season. Young of the year local honks are not the most sophisticated quarry.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back