Taos road-trip gear pile...

Have fun Ken. You know the drill.
Slight chance of showers over Taos this weekend.
And within striking distance of Chimayo.

Make sure to pack your turquoise cowboy boots...
Me thinks Ken has some elephant skin cowboy boots for the right occasion.
I stumbled on a pair back in the nineties.
I was waaay to low brow for that look, not to mention the boots were 1/2 size to small. Couldn't get them off when my feet swelled up.😆

Rolled in after dark, grabbed some local Norte American style Mexican food at the Guadalajara Grill & drove the 19 miles up to the Ski Valley's 9300' elevation base. 48 degrees this morning with the balcony door open...sleep of the dead. 9 hr drive yesterday with more road construction than usual. Todays goal is to make it to Michael's Kitchen before 2pm for breakfast.

Have fun Ken. You know the drill.
Slight chance of showers over Taos this weekend.
And within striking distance of Chimayo.
You know Hank, we usually do a few laps when in this area but gonna try to just chill this trip. It's really nice to be out of the summer Mother Texas pulled on us.

i once had a great burger in red river.. i think.

or was it barbeque? gosh that was almost a decade ago.

Taos... and NM in general is a magical place. Hope to one day get lucky and pull a tag there

NHY,

See if you can find the Hootenanny place in Red River that Ray Wylie Hubbard Talks about . The Genesis of RedNeck Mother....

You know, the green chiles should be at their peak if you want to take some back to Texas and roast and freeze them. And your truck will smell wonderful on the way home.

You know Hank, we usually do a few laps when in this area but gonna try to just chill this trip. It's really nice to be out of the summer Mother Texas pulled on us.
I have family out there...no matter what I have going while I am there I always make time for a drive thru the gorge to Pilar. I usually take some fishing gear...last time I was there spent a couple hours fishing and watching a band of Rams, made for a great afternoon. Enjoy your trip!

I have family out there...no matter what I have going while I am there I always make time for a drive thru the gorge to Pilar. I usually take some fishing gear...last time I was there spent a couple hours fishing and watching a band of Rams, made for a great afternoon. Enjoy your trip!
That's a great two wheel ride on up thru Chama to Pagosa Springs.

I spent some time at the Lama Foundation, one of the OG hippie communities just over Lobo Peak from Ski Valley as the crow flies. It sure is beautiful up there. Did a little elk scouting there in unit 53. Man it’s high up there! 10-13k ft. Hunting up there without getting acclimated can get you in trouble. I assume quite a few skiers run into issues as well. Have a great time nhy.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avidcork
Back